Deficiency? Or a pH lock out?

• Thread starter Brenden302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I checked them today, and it seems it's slowly still getting worse on both plants even after a flush and adding the nutrients after that about 2 days ago, yellowing starts at the middle of leaf and outwards, I pH my water Everytime, idk what else I could try, I nutrient burnt them in the past trying to feed every other day, I'm getting so frustrated my grow was smooth till now and nothing I do is helping, I'm afraid I'm going to lose them and all the buds on them
Sounds like you might be over or under watering too. 3 gal pots everyday? How much each day?

Brenden302

Brenden302

Sounds like you might be over or under watering too. 3 gal pots everyday? How much each day?
I was only watering a half gallon a day, I realized this was stupid and I should be watering a gallon every watering till they dry out.

And the yellowing is at the bottom, and at top area, so spread out on the plants

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I was only watering a half gallon a day, I realized this was stupid and I should be watering a gallon every watering till they dry out.

And the yellowing is at the bottom, and at top area, so spread out on the plants
Definitely water by weight. And 1 gallon is more than sufficient but use it. Also fill your container as full as possible of medium. It compacts with use and time. Roots will fill above as well as below.

Brenden302

Brenden302

Definitely water by weight. And 1 gallon is more than sufficient but use it. Also fill your container as full as possible of medium. It compacts with use and time. Roots will fill above as well as below.
Going forward I'm going to water with about a gallon each plant, wait till soil dries out completely, feed nutrients in low dosage but more frequent, and see how this issue works out, would it be ok to cut the bad leaves off at this point? Or should I just leave them?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Going forward I'm going to water with about a gallon each plant, wait till soil dries out completely, feed nutrients in low dosage but more frequent, and see how this issue works out, would it be ok to cut the bad leaves off at this point? Or should I just leave them?
Remove damaged leaves. Don’t let medium get totally dry. But do let it dry enough when you lift it’s “Oh yeah it’s feeding time”

Brenden302

Brenden302

Remove damaged leaves. Don’t let medium get totally dry. But do let it dry enough when you lift it’s “Oh yeah it’s feeding time”
Thank you! Will remove some and some more tomorrow, and will water a gallon each watering and wait till more dry.

Brenden302

Brenden302

The leafs with slight spotting the colt looms like calcium magnesium plants can't absorb nutrients without it
I'm must be reading this wrong, but Im assuming your saying a cal-mag deficiency?

My tap water is 16 AVG Hardness PPM / mg/L isn't that enough calcium? And don't my fertilizer come with enough magnesium for the plants?

Last edited:
Brenden302

Brenden302

Here's an update watered each plant with a gallon of water this morning, with there own nutrients, instead of watering half gallon with same amount of nutrients, is there anything in these pictures I should address more? How do they look now?

IMG 20211005 162421
IMG 20211005 162404
IMG 20211005 162355
IMG 20211005 162304
IMG 20211005 162254
IMG 20211005 162236
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here's an update watered each plant with a gallon of water this morning, with there own nutrients, instead of watering half gallon with same amount of nutrients, is there anything in these pictures I should address more? How do they look now?
the leaves look like they are enjoying the environment, nice and flat..

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Consider foliar feeding of Epsom salts or cal mag. If Epsom make sure it’s unscented. 1 tablespoon per gallon of water.

TSD

TSD

Could you be over watering? They really need to dry out in between watering, at least a bit. When mine were inside I let them get almost completely dry in between. Any time I have experienced over watering, the leaves turn yellow and fall off... but I'm no expert.

Brenden302

Brenden302

Could you be over watering? They really need to dry out in between watering, at least a bit. When mine were inside I let them get almost completely dry in between. Any time I have experienced over watering, the leaves turn yellow and fall off... but I'm no expert.
This is my first grow still learning how to properly water haha I just want the yellowing to stop before they die or something. My soil is roots organic greenlite with coco and tons of perlite so it does dry out fast

My 3 gallon fabric pots too, I thought it was very hard to over water in fabric pots????

TSD

TSD

This is my first grow still learning how to properly water haha I just want the yellowing to stop before they die or something. My soil is roots organic greenlite with coco and tons of perlite so it does dry out fast

My 3 gallon fabric pots too, I thought it was very hard to over water in fabric pots????
Harder, but possible I think... I personally hate fabric pots because I suck at gauging the water with them... I actually took mine out of them and put them in the ground... and yes they dry out fast, especially outside. Maybe someone else with more experience with fabric pots will chime in... I had 15 gal ones so I can't say how often smaller ones need watering, especially during flower. 🤷‍♀️ I just know when my outdoor babies get too wet, leaves yellow and drop.

Brenden302

Brenden302

Harder, but possible I think... I personally hate fabric pots because I suck at gauging the water with them... I actually took mine out of them and put them in the ground... and yes they dry out fast, especially outside. Maybe someone else with more experience with fabric pots will chime in... I had 15 gal ones so I can't say how often smaller ones need watering, especially during flower. 🤷‍♀️ I just know when my outdoor babies get too wet, leaves yellow and drop.
Well it's true anything is possible!! I'm going to let them dry up more than I usually do, I've never heard someone say they hate fabric pots! That's a first, but everyone likes thing the way they do

TSD

TSD

Well it's true anything is possible!! I'm going to let them dry up more than I usually do, I've never heard someone say they hate fabric pots! That's a first, but everyone likes thing the way they do
I was actually excited to try them because so many people rave about them... I just couldn't wrap my head around the watering ... I'd be afraid to over water and I think I actually ended up under watering. The girls were not thriving as I knew they should, so in the ground they went. Regular tubs or in the ground is the way to go for me, much more forgiving. They would probably work for me inside where there is no wind and sun to dry them out at different rates depending on the weather. I usually gauge pots by weight... that technique did not work with big ass 15 gal fabric pots... trial and error, always learning!

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Looks like a K deficiency IMHO.
Older leaves turning pale, though it has what appears to be high N, looking at the plant on the right in the last pic and how shiny and green the leaves are.
Pull off a couple of leaves (both yellowed and green) and see if they snap right off, like the leaf stem is brittle. A really good indicator.
It doesn't look like its a Mg issue. Look at the stalks and branches, there is no purpling in them. a sure tell of a Mg issue, though a little Epsom salt isn't a bad thing deficiency or not.
There could be light bleaching at the top, from the lights being too close, but these plants are probably in week 5-7 and looking hard for K now and that will continue to ramp up till they finish.
Might want to check the nutrient ratio's.

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

What strain ?
What week of flowering ?
Have you reduced Nitrogen ?
Do you use Cal/Mag?

Latest posts

Top Bottom