Deficiency or Burn WTF

• Thread starter flampkin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flampkin

flampkin

[quote="My Point here, Mr. New Farmer, is that you have not even given enough information for someone to acurately diagnose your problems even if you did put in enough time and effort to find out what is really happening.

I'm going to go ahead and not believe you when you say that those severe problems on your plant appeared overnight, and encourage you to use some more respect when talking to more experienced farmers on here trying to help you out or you may find yourself having to make a new avatar.[/quote]

To clear up my statement of iil-informed people was directed only at you no other members and I'm not questioning your knowledge but the snarky comments such as, Mr.New Farmer.... I'm not looking to argue with you. I appreciate all the help I receive from the site and I don't go by avatars and status, I like to follow the science. I have more than a few years of expience and an education in the industry but find feedback from THCFarmer to be a vary valuable tool and have learned alot from the experienced farmers in this community.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Well I'm no SeaMaiden, Texas Kid, or Squiggly by any means, but I know what I know! Been around the block and back several times in my lifetime too, so no spring chicken here.

And pH will affect more than one nutrient when it's out of whack, whether it's too low or too high. K is absorbed over a wide pH range and doesn't get locked out in soil until it dips under pH 5.5 .......and if that is the case then deficiencies in Ca, Mg, P, S, and Mo will be as they will be locked out as well. For me just looking at the pics and the info Flampkin provided I was able to break down things he hadn't disclosed. Looking at the chart you provided shows K to be the primary culprit as well. When I said N = growth, P = roots and fruits, and K = health, use as a general guide, when plants are having a health type issue more than likely it has something to do with potassium!

And I wanna touch on this ....even the experts aren't always right!
How many times have you or someone you know been misdiagnosed by a doctor? I betcha this, every one of the peeps you've called experts has some f-ups from time to time too ....to me that's the only way one becomes a good grower peroid, is to have some f-ups along the way! One thing about me, I'm not gonna open my mouth unless I know what I'm talking about!

montanamike1

montanamike1

This discussion is way off topic- bottom line; don't go calling folks "cocky and ill-informed" when we are posting good info for you.

I'm not saying it isn't a K problem, I'm saying that you are not doing enough documentation to say for sure exactly what the problem is- could be pH, could be fungus gnats reducing plants ability to uptake nutrients, it could be multiple excesses/deficencies combined to look like that, the point is that you can't dump a load of Potash on your plants because someone says they look low in K.

Books can help, don't pull out your degree in turf management on here and expect that to mean something; we don't like to talk about it, but there are many folks on here with far more advanced degrees than that!

Do yourself a favor, add some microlife/ACT, cultivate your soil and it will cultivate your plants-

good luck with the grow, bud-
MT

Latest posts

Top Bottom