Deficiency or lockout ???please help

• Thread starter Flyingkushman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

I can’t say calmag overdose because I started off giving them 1ml per gallon and this issue started and I bumped it up to 2ml. Next I will start watering 1-2 times a day and see if anything changes. I have some nukem I will spray them with just Incase the problem is russet mites. Any other suggestions ? I’ve flushed twice With 2 gallons of water for each 1 gallon pot and that did absolutely nothing.
Hey flying, would you consider re potting into a foxfarm soil and eliminating your feed program for a while ? Re potting and letting the roots get comfy in a balanced zone might snap them right back into good health ...
Just an idea , probably what i would do if i was challenged to fix this problem ....

Last edited:
Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

Hey flying, would you consider re potting into a foxfarm soil and eliminating your feed program for a while ? Re potting and letting the roots get comfy in a balanced zone might snap them right back into good health ...
Just an idea , probably what i would do if i was challenged to fix this problem ....
This is a good idea , soil has always been a pleasure. I do want to figure it out and get a full run in with coco though. I just watered them today and will start twice a day tomorrow . If things clear up and they look better within a week I will transplant to 3 gallon fabric pots of coco and top them and do some training. I got 4 gavita 1700 e leds in the flowering room over 4 4x4’s ready for them to go into when they are ready. I appreciate all the help, I will keep you guys in the loop on any progress on here

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
CalMag used at label concentrations can certainly lock up everything - until flushed out. Fortunately - water soluble and flush fairly easily.

Some strains don't care. The ones I've been running lately get really pissed in a noticeable way. I use about half or less anymore ( 2.5ml/Ga ).

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

CalMag used at label concentrations can certainly lock up everything - until flushed out. Fortunately - water soluble and flush fairly easily.

Some strains don't care. The ones I've been running lately get really pissed in a noticeable way. I use about half or less anymore ( 2.5ml/Ga ).
I use 2ml the most

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Do you know the content in your water? I use well water that has almost no calcium ( California coast ). So I know I need it and it shows when not present. In many parts of the country - the water has plenty of calcium naturally. We have no limestone here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you know the content in your water? I use well water that has almost no calcium ( California coast ). So I know I need it and it shows when not present. In many parts of the country - the water has plenty of calcium naturally. We have no limestone here.
Hows the sodium? Just curious

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If there was a lot of nutes trapped in the coco, wouldn’t the runoff come out more than what’s going in ? I feed at 700ppm and 500 comes out from the runoff
Surprisingly not always. Runoff will climb usually if you're overfeeding. But Coco has a strong cec and binds up nutrients so they dont all come out in the runoff. Then just like stalactites forming on a microscopic scale, those exchange sites start to build up nutrients on top of nutrients, especially if it gets a little dry.

My runoff ec holds stable as hell until I add enzymes, then it will spike 0.4-0.5ec higher the next day, because the enzymes have broken down the built up nutrient salts, so it can be flushed away.

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

Surprisingly not always. Runoff will climb usually if you're overfeeding. But Coco has a strong cec and binds up nutrients so they dont all come out in the runoff. Then just like stalactites forming on a microscopic scale, those exchange sites start to build up nutrients on top of nutrients, especially if it gets a little dry.

My runoff ec holds stable as hell until I add enzymes, then it will spike 0.4-0.5ec higher the next day, because the enzymes have broken down the built up nutrient salts, so it can be flushed away.
Makes sense. How often you use enzymes ? I have ecozen from aptus, I’m about to start using it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here I am winging shit in here... Lol. Where ya been man. I shoulda just tagged ya.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Makes sense. How often you use enzymes ? I have ecozen from aptus, I’m about to start using it
I do a 3/4 strength dose weekly on my last feeding before lights out, then do a light flush for the first feed the next day at lights on until my runoff is coming out the same as it's going in. Usually about 2x the volume I normally give for that feeding.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I do a 3/4 strength dose weekly on my last feeding before lights out, then do a light flush for the first feed the next day at lights on until my runoff is coming out the same as it's going in. Usually about 2x the volume I normally give for that feeding.
2f eeds per day?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I will say though @Flyingkushman, If you're going in at 700 and coming out at 500, that to me wouldnt indicate buildup. Something isnt adding up.
He has been watering like 4-5 days and coco is staying wet... No perlite I don't think. I'm thinking the plants were still uptaking and thus lowering ppm. Like a mini res

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

He has been watering like 4-5 days and coco is staying wet... No perlite I don't think. I'm thinking the plants were still uptaking and thus lowering ppm. Like a mini res
Yes exactly, was watering every 4-5 days. I was basically treating it like soil, watering when the pots where light when I pick them up.

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

The coco does have perlite. 70/30 mix

Top Bottom