Deficiency problem?

• Thread starter PeteK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PeteK

Hey guys

These are from my veg station, there in a 4x4 flood table, i flood 4 times a day during lights onm the plants are growing great, have nice roots. Never seen plants grow so big and quick. a few of them are showing leaves like this though, i have seen this before on my aeroponics grow and i raised the Calmag a bit and it went away, im using the higher amount of calmag like my aeroponics system likes but now i got this Deficiency problem.

3.5 weeks into veg problem started 5 days ago

i feed with bitonicare custom feeding schedule i have altered and the room is always at 75 degrees with humidity between 40-50%

Deficiency problem
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

ph? ppms? how often are your rez changes?
are your top leaves showing this or just the bottoms

P

PeteK

Ppm started at 850 it's 760 now res changed 10 days ago. Ph I start at 5.8 let it get to 6.3 and bring it back down. There lower to middle leaves not top ones.

E

Element4NorCal

what medium are you in?

what all nutrients are you using?

looks like a an iron deficiency to me off the bat, but other factors might play a role in the symptoms.

Try using an iron supplement or maybe switching to a nutrient that has all macro and micro nutrients.

Dutch Masters Gold Range Nutrients A+B have everything your plants need minus the silica and bloom boosters.

I hope this helps out

Jay Frost a.k.a. Reason

P

PeteK

The only difference from my aeroponics and the hydro flood table is my res I use 20 in aero and 50 gal in hydro. Maybe the calmag is too much I took what I was using for 20 gal and timed it by 2.5 for the 50 gal res

S

SSHZ

I believe it's a calcium issue.........fertilize w/ 10 ml cal/mag per gallon.

P

PeteK

In using the sure to grow deluge medium. I Will post my veg feed chart shortly.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i run mine a 10ml/g as well, but my aero is sog so i dont have much expierence with this stuff in veg. i change my rez every 5-7 days to make sure those girls are getting everything they want.
o btw i run my 10ml/g of cal mg with dutchmaster a/b and never see deffencies. hopefully i said that without sounding like im gobbling on dutchmasters nuts (e4nc)

the purple stem indicates the leaf is on its way out(usually). at this point in the leafs life it is pulling all the energy out and placing it somewhere else. as long as the leaves on top that are getting lots of light are looking healthy i dont worry much. maybe give it an extra rez change and a lil extra cal mag.

P

PeteK

OK guys, im sorry and i feel so stupid this morning.

So this morning i go to grab the bottle of Cal/mag to add some extra to the res since everyone on the boards says it looks like a mg defic, i open the cap to the bottle, now this is my new grow op so these were all new bottles of nutes, and i had never opened the security seal which means i never added cal/mag to my nute soup. I feel like such an idiot no wonder there showing MG defic, they never got any extra cal/mag and they drank what was in the water

Pete "The Idiot of the day"

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I believe it's a calcium issue.........fertilize w/ 10 ml cal/mag per gallon.
I have to agree entirely that it's calcium, but I would then use something like Calplex that's only calcium for now.

This is assuming that the necrotic leaves are coming from lower on the plant.

The reddening of the petiole is a sign of phosphorous deficiency or inability to utilize what's available.

Interveinal necrotic spotting is the tell for calcium uptake issues (deficiency and toxicity both look the same).

Latest posts

Top Bottom