Deficiency recovery?

• Thread starter ECCultivatin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ECCultivatin

Hello,

I transplanted into my hydro system 2 weeks ago. I have a full spectrum led light at 40” above plants, my temps are between 74-78 and my humidity is around 45-55%. I was running my pH at 6.2 following current cultures feeding schedule and all of my leaves became yellow and curling down. I was recommended to get it to 5.8. I’ve been running it at 5.8 steady for the last 5 days. I’ve had some new growth since then. What do you guys think? Are they still recovering? Just seems like they’re growing slow..

Deficiency recovery
Deficiency recovery 2
Deficiency recovery 3
Deficiency recovery 4
Deficiency recovery 5
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

looks like the new growth is coming along nicely. It's been slower than usual due to the swinging in PH i believe. Looks like she'll be alright

E

ECCultivatin

looks like the new growth is coming along nicely. It's been slower than usual due to the swinging in PH i believe. Looks like she'll be alright

I appreciate your reply. Should i continue my feeding schedule and move to week 2 nutrients or should I give it another week? Also should I stay around the 5.8 range or is it okay to start increasing?

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

You’re first pic is showing nutrient burn on some of the new growth, combined with downward curling of leaf to me suggest nitrogen toxicity, starting to claw. You mentioned your feeding schedule, it’s pretty young to begin with and if you’ve already been feeding it a number of times I’d say back off the nutes, and give it a good flush.

Depending on your lights, if they are too strong at a young age it’s working too hard to put out new growth and stealing from bottom leaves. I will get that with my clones cause right now I have a dome in my veg space under stronger light than they need.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Keep your ph at 5.8-6.1

Do you have a ppm meter?
I would suggest a nutrient ppm of 300.

What is your supply water source?
RO, Tap, well or softened?

What nutrients and additives are you using?

I can say with confidence you are over feeding.

Can download "light meter" app on your phone for free and adjust your light to 10000 lumens max for this stage of growth.

What media is in those net pots?

What is the depth of water set at? Eg. How far below the net pot? At the bottom of the net pot?

Do you have airstones?

Are the plants in those net pots started in anything else like rapid rooters or placed directly into that media?

Just FYI the damages leaves will not repair themselves so new growth will be where you want to concentrate.

Also your ph won't change much because the plants are still very small and not going to uptake much in terms of water or nutrients. Later on it will start changing a lot more

Last edited:
Top Bottom