Deficiency?

• Thread starter slap14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slap14

This is one of my mother plants(Star Dawg) Her leaves have gotten pale on the tips then dark in the middle. She is in a 5 gallon container. Gets watered three times a week 3qts. I use general organics and mix light along with AACT. The soil is similar to Subs Supersoil. I use T5's in this tent. Temps right now High of 83 Low 70. Foliar spray cyto plus and AACT.

I think that covers everything. :)

Slap

Here are a couple shots. The newer leaves look good but as you can see they don't stay that way.
Deficiency

Deficiency 2

Here is a shot of some Candy Queen next to the Star Dawg being fed the same thing.

Deficiency 3

Some of the older leaves as they yellow(Only a few like this here and there)

Deficiency 4

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Agree.^^^^^^^^ Mg and a minor Ca i would say. I would toss a tsp/gal of Epsom salts in with you ACT foliar. Do you have Gen Org cal mag? Do you use RO water?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

do you have ph and ec meters? i'd check those before adding any bottled cal-mag products (cause they're usually nitrate forms).

i like the epsom/sulfate idea a lot better (harder to overfeed sulfur, fraction of the $). some iron and micros might help too, depending what's in your soil, wouldn't want to overload..

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Yep, PH lockout is always a possibilty. Was lime in your supersoil mix at all? So if you have been using calmag, check your ph run off. If its not right then i would flush with correctly ph water. And foliar the proper micros.

S

slap14

Agree.^^^^^^^^ Mg and a minor Ca i would say. I would toss a tsp/gal of Epsom salts in with you ACT foliar. Do you have Gen Org cal mag? Do you use RO water?

Thanks guys, Yes i am using RO water. Yes i am using General Organics CaMg+(not Nitrate). Per General Organics I have not adjusted the PH, my ph with General Organics when mixed is low same as Earth Juice it ends up being about 4.94 on average. I do have Earth Juice PH up but have not used it with the General Organics. I did use Dolomite lime and oyster shell in the soil mix to help keep the PH stable. My PPM is in the 600's.

Thanks for the help guys.

S

slap14

Check your Ph run off asap! 5 is really low id bet you are locked out. Cal and Mg get locked out below 6.5.

Thanks Walter, Checked my runoff and came in at 6.88. Foliar sprayed and watered with epson salts 1 tsp per gallon. I measured general organics camg+ and it came back with a 4.78 PH. It seems all organic nutes PH are quite low. Everything i read including Sub says don't worry about it, the soil will buffer but that's still hard to get used to.

I also sprayed with Monterey Garden Spray twice a couple weeks ago (Thrips) but I think the leaves were already showing these signs. I also foliar sprayed with ProTekt last week (Silicon)

I have been using this soil for my last five grown with no problems.

Again thank you

Slap

S

slap14

Thanks boys, I will try and bump up the camg+ and see how that does. Will the affected leaves revert back or will it just keep new leaves from having a problem?

Wish I could share some of the Star Dawg with everyone that took the time to help. Much appreciated

Star Dawg ready to cure

IMG 1121

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Hey Slap I was checking out a nute deficiency chart that I found on google and your problem looked alot like an Iron deficiency according to that chart. Not saying thats definitely your problem but might be.

N

NBfrost

your mixed ph does seem low , i use the complete line of general organics , in veg they ph at 6.2 , same as 12/12 .. im mixing in those blue water tubs for water coolers.. think there 18.?? l

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Hey Slap, I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm experiencing the same look in my stardawgs. Did the Cal Mag work everything out?

Top Bottom