deficiency's with Lucas formula...please help

• Thread starter killa killa kk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

killa killa kk

I have a ebb and flow table under a 400 watt mh growing 3 different strains. I have been using the 5 ml to 10 ml lucas formula and have had lots of deficiency in veg. After reading the whole ask lucas thread Ive decided to try his latest veg formula using 15 ml Grow 10 ml micro and 5 ml bloom. I was only at 450 ppm before and now after doing a res change and trying this formula my ppms are at 1000 @ .5 conversion. Am I gonna have some serious nute burn problems switching over to this new formula?? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I can upload some pics if it make it easier to see

dextr0

dextr0

Lucas Formula

I would ask some of these guys. Im thinking of doing what Tex is suggesting. To easy to pass up.

K

killa killa kk

This is their fourth week of veg. They have been @ 450 ppm. @.5 conversion using two piece lucas formula. Can some one tell me if I switch to the 15.ml 10ml 5ml formula will I burn yhe hell out of my plants. After mixing it in my reservoir my ppm is 1000

B

bluejay

1000 ppm would be ok for a plant thats 1-2 foot in veg,,,If you keep a eye on the leaves,you would catch any burn starting but at only 1000 ppm it wouldnt be severe..

K

killa killa kk

OK thanks, I just wanted to make sure that wasnt too high for my clones to go into.

K

killa killa kk

You should not have any deficiency with the Lucas formula, What type of water are you using? R/O or Tap?

I am using Ro water, I have been using Lucas formula for a couple weeks now at a diluted 5/10 veg but after doing alot more reading I found the 15 ml gro 10 ml micro and 5 ml bloom formula per gallon(3-2-1 general hydroponics) veg formula is what is recommended now. So I just started trying that last night

K

killa killa kk

no cal mag with my ro water, (I believe my mistake was made when I slowly started off the lucas formula at a 2/4 ratio and then continued adding more at a 1:2 ratio slowly bringing up my ppms over a couple weeks to 450) After doing lots of reading and talking to other people. The lucas formula is designed to start at full strength and stay at full strength from the second the clones drop(you may have to dilute it down a little bit depending on strains) correct me if Im wrong somebody but that is where I believe my problem started

kushluvr

kushluvr

buy a bottle of each... flora nova grow and bloom, they work perfectly with all strains with zero problems..........trust me, they're the shit! I over feed mine at first so they got a real minor burn, but bounced back amazingly! Do what the bottles say as far as feeding goes and you'll thank me later!

I had been using the lucas formula for a while a just switched to these, I am growing OG KUSH, not the easiest either, and they are LOVING it! Im doing flood tables as well!

These were taken yesterday morning....the pinched and bent tops were done just b4 the pics....after the pics I went to breakfast with my wife, came back and looked at em and some of the tops had already stood back up, and this morning all of them were back up and charging to the light....day 16 of flower!

IMG 1573
IMG 1574
IMG 1569
IMG 1568
IMG 1576
IMG 1575
IMG 1572
IMG 1571
IMG 1570
K

killa killa kk

great pics kush, that is what im trying right now, 15ml grow 10 ml micro 5ml bloom to 9 gallons of water in a 12 gallon reservoir. my ppms are down to around 850 after I diluted it. NO cal mag, hopefully this works well in veg, way too early to tell though? only fed them once like this so far so I have no idea how much burn I will cause. I will switch to the 8/16 Lucas formula in flowering

I

ibTheMan

in veg i run 7.5 mirco, 15ml bloom, 5ml grow(i dont always use grow) or insted of grow add 3ml CalMag.
ive run 10ml micro, 15 bloom, 10 grow for years without burn i time, i use lower amounts now because of add'es like big bud, calmag, budcandy, b52, and others but there all used at different times.

kushluvr

kushluvr

great pics kush, that is what im trying right now, 15ml grow 10 ml micro 5ml bloom to 9 gallons of water in a 12 gallon reservoir. my ppms are down to around 850 after I diluted it. NO cal mag, hopefully this works well in veg, way too early to tell though? only fed them once like this so far so I have no idea how much burn I will cause. I will switch to the 8/16 Lucas formula in flowering

What strain are you doing?????

850ppm might still be a little high........i would flush the plants with ph'd water and then start with a fresh nute/water @ 50% ppm's than it was b4 you flushed!

The plants will tell you what is going on! do you have any pics of ur setup and plants? this will help alot too!

KUSH

K

killa killa kk

hey kush, I am growing trainwreck, blue rhino and a Chemdog. I can take some pics tomorrow if I see some change. The most recent pics I have are from before I switched nutes over to flora 3 part with gro. I appreciate everyones help and if things change for the worst I will be posting pics up quick...

Question for Kushluvr, Do you grow trees since your washington state limit is only 15, btw im from washington too this is why I ask

kushluvr

kushluvr

hey kush, I am growing trainwreck, blue rhino and a Chemdog. I can take some pics tomorrow if I see some change. The most recent pics I have are from before I switched nutes over to flora 3 part with gro. I appreciate everyones help and if things change for the worst I will be posting pics up quick...

Question for Kushluvr, Do you grow trees since your washington state limit is only 15, btw im from washington too this is why I ask

Yo KIlla,

I was growing trees until recently, my wife got her card, so I can now have 30:):):):):):rollj:. I just renewed my license monday, and on my previous rec it said I was able to grow as many plants needed to supply myself with a 60 day supply, but now it says 15, bummer, but better than nothing!

Another thing I thought of is................you have different strains going in 1 table, each plant acts different, one will eat more than the others, causing deficiencies in the others. I had this problem in the past and now I only do 1 strain at a time, its so much easier to control the grow!

food for thought................!

KUSH

K

killa killa kk

I planned on doing 1 strain only but it just worked out in an odd way those are the clones I scored. Im trying to run a little perpetual grow so I use my 15 limit and next time I cycle I will only be using one strain.

kushluvr

kushluvr

I planned on doing 1 strain only but it just worked out in an odd way those are the clones I scored. Im trying to run a little perpetual grow so I use my 15 limit and next time I cycle I will only be using one strain.

No worries bro....FYI really!!!!

.....Perpetuals are cool!

KUSH

S

steelyeyes

I haven't seen nute mix yet that didn't grow happier plants with cal mag added to, even on well water. Just sayin.

kushluvr

kushluvr

i haven't seen nute mix yet that didn't grow happier plants with cal mag added to, even on well water. Just sayin.

floranova grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!doesn't need it, and never will!!! Ever! Og kush, cal-mag whore..............doesnt need it, it grows amazing w/o it. I have it growing this second with only fngrow. Best results i've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!

Kush

K

killa killa kk

Ive been thinking about the same situation, I live with my g/f and she would qualify for her card also. Is their anything you have to report or extra paperwork for you to grow a 30 limit or do you just do what you do on your own knowing its 15 for you 15 for her???

kushluvr

kushluvr

Ive been thinking about the same situation, I live with my g/f and she would qualify for her card also. Is their anything you have to report or extra paperwork for you to grow a 30 limit or do you just do what you do on your own knowing its 15 for you 15 for her???

NOP..........I just have both rec's in the grow room!

Top Bottom