defoiliating in week 5

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

so i got some huge fat girls going in 20 gallon pots and its the start of week five. I notice there are tons of smaller popcorn buds and stuff on the lower half of the tree and on the inner branches where not much light is getting through. I'm wondering if its a good idea to start clipping and removing fan and water leaves to allow more light to penetrate through the thick foliage.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That, or remove some of those bud sites that, frankly, just won't reach their potential. That should have been done at least two weeks ago, but this will serve as a learning experience for you.

evu80

evu80

If I began to cut off too many branches and bud sites all at once, will that cause the plant to shock and turn into a hermie or revert back into vegging?

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

i take a alot of branches and sites of all the way to the last 2 weeks in flower even on week 3. i once had hermie issues when i heavily defoliated all throughout flower. just depends on strain.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

You can also double crop meaning harvest all of the tops and let the bottoms go a couple more weeks to fatten up

Top Bottom