Defoliate or just leave it

• Thread starter Guiltydwight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

47 days old skittkez autoflower ,i was just looking at it and it looked healthy and is growing good , so im kind of on the fence . Should i defoliate a little or let go like that there's a few big leaves tucked here and there other than that and lst i didnt touch it any advice would be great thanks

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hard to know what to say based on what you've written. Any pictures? Without more information to work with we're stuck.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Sorry im a fu ing idiot i didnt post the pic here it is sorry
20220523 183312
20220523 183317

Ponky

Ponky

Whoa. That auto is bushy. I guess it's still early enough. Defoliate below the light penetration line. Ignore the tallest arm. Average it out for the rest. Maybe LST the tall arms down. That's a monster auto.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I'd say there needs to be a point to defoliating, or you're just hurting your plant. Normally you trim to manage the lighting and/or ventilation for humidity control. If you don't have plants crowding each other, then your plant can receive light through the sides. Leaves there will help. More leaves also help buffer stress on the plant and control the local climate once you build a canopy. On the other hand, allowing the plant to bud all the way down will result in lower-quality buds down low, and maybe (I'm not 100% convinced, but I'm a beginner) results in taking away something from the top buds. Personally, I leave them more leaves than most, and I use the resulting lower buds for concentrates.

boo

boo

I'd pull the large fan leaves so the lower flowers get more light, too much green for my liking...plants look great

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I 2nd Ponky’s opinion.

That is a heck of an autoflower!!!
Same as above ... remove below the light penetration line. I call it lolli-popping. It will allow for better airflow through the plant. It also will focus your plants energy on building up the buds in the light zone.

Nice job so far!

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Right on thanks everyone ill go remove a few leaves ,and see what happens thanks again

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Whoa. That auto is bushy. I guess it's still early enough. Defoliate below the light penetration line. Ignore the tallest arm. Average it out for the rest. Maybe LST the tall arms down. That's a monster auto.
I tied fown a few more branches but i feel like its going to the last time i bend the bigger branches they are losing flex also took off a few leaves . Going to leave it alone until watering day and see what happened, maybe a few more then thanks

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

So I've been removing the bottom leaves and small chutes just a little bit a the time don't want to shock them because for my experience this is one of mi nicest plant so far and I learned a bunch from a bunch of guys on here so I'll go a little at the time seems to be working good
20220528 221119

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Is that a tin foil pan your plants are sitting on?? That's pretty fukkin trusting, dude. If any part of that collapses...
I made sure it wouldn't they're heavy duty an doubled up ,I just have a overload of them and they make a good cheap drip pan then I just toss them

H

hawkman

easy - just remove all fan leaves that are blocking light to bud sites - If you can (might have to move plant) stand over the plant and look down on it then you will see what leaves to remove that are blocking the light generally one does a heavy defoliation inweek 4 of veg and then before 12.12 flip and then in week 4 of flower

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

easy - just remove all fan leaves that are blocking light to bud sites - If you can (might have to move plant) stand over the plant and look down on it then you will see what leaves to remove that are blocking the light generally one does a heavy defoliation inweek 4 of veg and then before 12.12 flip and then in week 4 of flower
Thank you I should've specified it was an auto so I'm trying not to stress it out

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Here she is at day 55 I think she's looking good , I'll take any advice from here, I've removed the small stuff at the bottom didn't want to over do it ,looks like the buds are filling up nicely so my gut feeling tells me to keep doing what I'm doing , learning how to water properly this grow really helped me out
20220530 184709

Top Bottom