Defoliated twice so far with no I'll effects

• Thread starter Dazashell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dazashell

Dazashell

Sup peeps?

So, I have an unknown strain and she has gone ballistic under my 2 X hlg 240v3s (my flower tent)

I give her all the love my knowledge can give but when I knock her down a fan leaf or 40% of em, she comes straight back and bushes up like mad.

I feel I have ample air circulation so am not worried about rot or the like, just wondering in your experiences about defoliation for bud production.

So far she is about 70-80 cms in diameter from a canopy point of view...she has kept fairly flat but she produces shady fan leaves that block some bud sites.

I have partially lollipopped (I think I have) most of the lower growth but am wondering if I hack her back to allow for light pebetration for the buddies that will be.

Probably about 40 odd bud sites bear the top of the canopy, week 4 of flower in 3 days

Do the leaves create the power necessary to developed the buds oflr is it more beneficial to allow light to hit all bud sites?

Thanks in advance.
Defoliated twice so far with no ill effects
Defoliated twice so far with no ill effects 2
Defoliated twice so far with no ill effects 3

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

so just a note .trimming the bottom stuff or lollipoping as it is referred is great but taking the fan leaves off is not a good idea. the fan leaves have the vast majority of photochromes in the plant . as well as the most stomata. they are the photosynthetic factories of the plant. they are what make the energy and responsible for the absorption of mineral and transpiration rates
. it is not that they cover buds they make 5he energy and the energy goes through the plant to the buds underneath. take of dead ones but not green ones doing photosynthesis.
taking them off is one pulling the solar heating panels off your roof so more light hits the roof and heats it up

Dazashell

Dazashell

Appreciate the response, thank you.

So as long as I keep the airflow up to combat transpiration, just leave them be..

Honestly havnt seen a dead one yet but I have taken off the bottom 2/3rds I suppose.

I'll take your response into consideration

Thanks again

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

they look good through! can you take a pic with cameras for better colour

Dazashell

Dazashell

Cheers... unfortunately I don't have access to a decent camera but I threw the flash on which is a slightly better representation of the lady.
She's more the colour of my mainline (which the pics were taken outside instead of under intense led) ...lighter tops but fairly deep green foliage

Running all the same nutes (bar flowering additives) through both and same conditions
IMG 20201115 180612
IMG 20201115 180601
IMG 20201115 163346

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

the look good. the others do look a little yellow. have you done a runoff ec reading? give a bit of solution until some runs out and test it . if it is more than double feed EC they coukdbe suffering a bit from lockup

Dazashell

Dazashell

the look good. the others do look a little yellow. have you done a runoff ec reading? give a bit of solution until some runs out and test it . if it is more than double feed EC they coukdbe suffering a bit from lockup

Noted, I always keep run off within 400ppm , following 'cocoforcannabis' teachings

I'm unable at this stage to follow the high frequency fertigation as work doesn't allow it and I don't have an auto irrigation setup at this stage.

I'll keep an eye on it 👌

Dazashell

Dazashell

I must also say that I am colourblind lol but yes, they're slightly lighter than the cheese mainline for sure.

I may miss the subtleties of colourchange but I feel they have stayed somewhat consistent.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Noted, I always keep run off within 400ppm , following 'cocoforcannabis' teachings

I'm unable at this stage to follow the high frequency fertigation as work doesn't allow it and I don't have an auto irrigation setup at this stage.

I'll keep an eye on it 👌
am.glsd to hear it . ! high EC is very common! 👍

Dazashell

Dazashell

So, start of week 4 tomorrow, exciting times, temps are high but she is hanging in there. Had to dim the lights down to help during these random hot days. Clones are doing well and have been shifted outside, explosive growth for them. Might top the cheese top again and start another mainline with her as she responded pretty well to it.
Also looking to put the mainline into flower shortly. Either this week or next

What's the concensus on dropping nite ppm for flowering ladies ? And by how much roughly...she's been at 1250 for the 4 weeks , start starving her now (well by a couple of hundy?)
IMG 20201117 182405
IMG 20201117 182412
IMG 20201117 182423
IMG 20201117 173602
IMG 20201117 173558

Dazashell

Dazashell

So been a while, all is well....for the unknown girl I'm unsure on when she will be ready....attached are some pics. She is at 56 days or 8 weeks and I feel by looks alone she still has a wee way to go

Hola with your thoughts

Top of pic 8 weeks unknown...bottom of pic 3 weeks (almost) cheese
IMG 20201225 150628

Some close ups of the unknown 8week
IMG 20201226 173419
IMG 20201226 173438
IMG 20201226 173608

Dazashell

Dazashell

So took a stem off for shits and giggles...week 10, looking good, maybe another week as trichomes still mostly clear. Wanna get to around 75% cloudy, then a quick flush and chop

Pretty excited to see what the dry weight is...looking for around 5 Oz 🤞

Unknown at 10weeks on right, cheese at 4 on left

Had a sample, look forward to the full cure that's for sure
IMG 20210110 090541
IMG 20210109 124036
IMG 20210109 122129

Dazashell

Dazashell

Looks good. Defoliate those week 5 of flower or 6 of flowering giving a good 3 to 4 weeks of light directly to the bud sites.
Yes, I did have a lot of small stuff below but obviously some big stuff too 😜

Cheers guys

Dazashell

Dazashell

Now to fix my cheese issue.

Got home checked the ladies and my cheese was wilted as F#$k.
My bathroom type intake fan had burnt out and stopped working.
I am assuming this created some heat and I know I had stretched this watering out due to laziness.

I had just introduced 3 new ladies to replace the girl I took down. But I feel it was a heat/water issue as it was warm in there. Full passive intake now and my temps arnt too great (nor have they been through the grow but they work) so I hope that'll do.

Counting myself lucky there wasn't a fire...I have auto extinguishers in there , but still

Have a look , she looks so sad...poor thing.
IMG 20210120 181759
IMG 20210120 182018

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Now to fix my cheese issue.

Got home checked the ladies and my cheese was wilted as F#$k.
My bathroom type intake fan had burnt out and stopped working.
I am assuming this created some heat and I know I had stretched this watering out due to laziness.

I had just introduced 3 new ladies to replace the girl I took down. But I feel it was a heat/water issue as it was warm in there. Full passive intake now and my temps arnt too great (nor have they been through the grow but they work) so I hope that'll do.

Counting myself lucky there wasn't a fire...I have auto extinguishers in there , but still

Have a look , she looks so sad...poor thing. View attachment 1081298View attachment 1081299
Dang man hope she bounces back quickly for u bud. I think she's gonna be ok since u got the temp back town. Last run I let one plant dry out so bad in middle of flower the whole thing was dam near laying down. Fed them and she popped right back into action within hours! Actually ended up yielding more from that 1 plant than any of the others! Can't say whether or not you'll have the same result but I wouldn't be surprised. Sometimes those stresses are good sometimes not so much lol

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Still a way to go on the cure...but you know damn well that I've been sampling 😜🤘
Heck yea gotta try it out man lol I sample mine during dry and cure to see when it's ready and it's just awesome to be able to smoke your own lol one of the best feelings

Top Bottom