Defoliating Autos

• Thread starter KMProp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KMProp

is this possible?

i didn't want to try it without speaking to someone who has done it before.

can the autos take the stress of being stripped or will they suffer severally? would be nice to hear from someone who has tried said training method.

K

KMProp

I thought this may of been the case.

I transplanted them and ran into problems!! So your guess is as good as mine as to how they will react to defoliation lol they seem rather sensitive..

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

how do they respond to FIM'ing on topping?
Purely based on strain and if your in dwc or soil. Dwc autos seem to be way bigger, and companies like dinafem have 70-80 day strains that you can train like a photo. But then there are most soil plants I've seen that if you do anything you'll hurt yield.

K

KMProp

yeah. I'm currently running a top feed dripper system DTW so hopefully expecting good results I'm just looking for the correct method to gain a higher yield and higher quality without killing them.

oh and they are big buddas Critical Mass Autos

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

How old are they and what do they look like now. That should be like a 70 day strain. I ran it a long while back. I topped and did some super cropping if I remember. If I was you I'd wait a few weeks before I did anything. That way you know you've got a decent sized plant and you won't stunt it as bad.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

There are lots of ways to keep an even canopy. I've tried most. But until your familiar with what to expect I wouldn't get to aggressive.

K

KMProp

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Personally for what its worth , i do not give out info much haha but today is your lucky day
Don't bother removing leafs Contrary to popular belief light does travel through leafs ,,

With Auto's your limited to your training to much can induce other issues Hermies , nannors etc

So if i was to grow auto's what i wold start doing round 3 - 4th week prior to last transplant is train plant sideways
one can just tip plant on side forcing all tops to grow one way ..
in a matter of 2 days transplant at a angle now you have all tops growing one way you can easily keep letting it grow and tie it up around pot you possibly can crop some but do couple and wait
To much stress will cause you issues

Remember if leafs were not important and MJ being around longer then we have it would of dropped them long ago Called Evolution
plants only real goal is to produce as much seeeds as possible right ??

So like i said train plant to grow side ways just by tipping plant pot ever day more n more Naturally training a plant with out touching it this is what i mean just by tilting plant all shoots grow towards the light trans plant at a angle tie 4 inches below very top of the plant to pot every 4 days tie more of the top part to side of pot
Gallery 11738 4815 31842

MeJuana

MeJuana

We don't chop fan leaves off of a strain we haven't grown out before because it could stall and negatively effect yield. Never chop anything off of a flowering plant you are not intimate with especially when this is where you will get your meds from. Don't do it, no wait, stop!

K

KMProp

Personally for what its worth , i do not give out info much haha but today is your lucky day
Don't bother removing leafs Contrary to popular belief light does travel through leafs ,,

With Auto's your limited to your training to much can induce other issues Hermies , nannors etc

So if i was to grow auto's what i wold start doing round 3 - 4th week prior to last transplant is train plant sideways
in a matter of 2 days transplant at a angle now you have all tops growing one way you can easily keep letting it grow and tie it up around pot you possibly can crop some but do couple and wait

Remember if leafs were not important and MJ being around longer then we have it would of dropped them long ago Called Evolution

So like i said train plant to grow side ways just by tipping plant pot ever day more n more Naturally training a plant with out touching it this is what i mean just by tilting plant all shoots grow towards the light trans plant at a angle tie 4 inches below very top of the plant to pot every 4 days tie more of the top part to side of pot View attachment 611108

Makes quite a lot of sense, I think I'm just going to tie it down I think.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

So like i said train plant to grow side ways just by tipping plant pot ever day more n more Naturally training a plant with out touching it this is what i mean just by tilting plant all shoots grow towards the light trans plant at a angle tie 4 inches below very top of the plant to pot every 4 days tie more of the top part to side of pot View attachment 611108
You cant transplant autos multiple times they don't like it 1 time. I'm speaking from experience. I've got a 4' auto that's lolipopped and about finished as we speak.

You can tie down but your risking stunting the plant. Let it grow and train out with yoyos. And maybe supercrop the main to let the side shoots catch up like I did this last critical. Then after you have done experience it'll let you know how far you can take it. It's better not to touch her at all, then to stunt her.

Top Bottom