Defoliating in Flower - Day 21

• Thread starter FuqStik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuqStik

FuqStik

Just hit day 21 in flower, I've been lollipopping below the canopy where light isn't hitting.

Do I need to do my final defoliation today like any under branches that aren't getting light?

I'm just curious why people have said something about making sure to defoliate before day 21

Fudge

Fudge

After then the plant has focused its energy from rooting and growing to flowering. So doing too much defoliation after then can be harmful. Anything that hasn't hit the canopy by then, won't. Google the schwazzing technique, I think that's day 1 and 20 for the same reason

FuqStik

FuqStik

After then the plant has focused its energy from rooting and growing to flowering. So doing too much defoliation after then can be harmful. Anything that hasn't hit the canopy by then, won't. Google the schwazzing technique, I think that's day 1 and 20 for the same reason
Thank you for that!

FuqStik

FuqStik

If you have enough airflow, why you need make do more extra defoliation ?
Completely unnecessary
I can't imagine anything not getting ANY light will produce any bud that's worth a damn... Plus I'd rather the energy be focused on the main colas breaking the canopy

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

I can't imagine anything not getting ANY light will produce any bud that's worth a damn... Plus I'd rather the energy be focused on the main colas breaking the canopy
pics ? videos?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

looks great. they re so dame happy now

I don't think you need to do extra defo at all
Just make sure there have enough air flow and optimal light distance,

FuqStik

FuqStik

looks great. they re so dame happy now

I don't think you need to do extra defo at all
Just make sure there have enough air flow and optimal light distance,
No I just did all of the defoliating after reading about the schwazzing technique. I'm finished lol! I was just seeing if I did okay at this point

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I clean up lower stuff and shave her legs prior to flipping to 12/12.

Let her alone for her 21 day strech and then remove leaves every day up until harvest because trimming it all at harvest is just too much work all at once, I grow small trees.

Fudge

Fudge

I clean up lower stuff and shave her legs prior to flipping to 12/12.

Let her alone for her 21 day strech and then remove leaves every day up until harvest because trimming it all at harvest is just too much work all at once, I grow small trees.
Think I come out with a small handful of leaves every time i peek my head in once theyre flowering just to uncover a bud sitting in the shade haha

Fudge

Fudge

No I just did all of the defoliating after reading about the schwazzing technique. I'm finished lol! I was just seeing if I did okay at this point

Great job on the schwazz. I was really scared to go that far my first time, some strains cant take that much of a defoliate, but they look great now
I think you might benefit from a look at this guide mate you seem to suck that guide up no probs

Traditional vs main lined explanation

Just this method alone would probably save you the bottom scrog net and a lot of time at the end as far as trimming goes. nice even canopy, and everything gets equal energy from the roots. creating nice even uniform dense colas

Top Bottom