Defoliation during flush should I remove more?

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

I started flush yesterday (day 52) and did a little defoliation today to help get to the lower parts. Should I remove more? What’s your experience with defoliation during flush?
Here’s a before and after....

growsince79

growsince79

I started flush yesterday (day 52) and did a little defoliation today to help get to the lower parts. Should I remove more? What’s your experience with defoliation during flush?
Here’s a before and after....
I don't flush until the plant stops growing. So no point.

Anthem

Anthem

LEDhead in the future you may want to consider loliopping the plant. This grow you will end up with some larf because the buds down below did not get enough light to produce dense buds. I usually take off all bud sites below about the 5th or 6th node because of this. It is super hard to do it the first time because you think you are going to ruin the plant and the yield will suffer, but I can tell you it works out just fine.

LEDhead

LEDhead

LEDhead in the future you may want to consider loliopping the plant. This grow you will end up with some larf because the buds down below did not get enough light to produce dense buds. I usually take off all bud sites below about the 5th or 6th node because of this. It is super hard to do it the first time because you think you are going to ruin the plant and the yield will suffer, but I can tell you it works out just fine.
What’s a good day to start lollipopping?

Anthem

Anthem

What’s a good day to start lollipopping?
I usually start right before I flip the plants from 18 to 12 hours of light. This is just to clean up the stuff on the bottom third of the plant. At week 3 in a perfect is when you want to take off the bud sites below the 5th to 7th node. The first time you do it, it is going to freak you out and you will want to stop after the first plant, but it works.

Top Bottom