Defoliation query for plants in RDWC/LED grow.

• Thread starter airedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
While i've grown a bit in the past, it was all under HID light or outdoors. Generally my philosophy has been to do as little as possible to the plants and let them tell me what they need; within that though i have usually fed as heavily as the plants could take, favoring Advanced Nutrients lineup on a Connoisseur base. I'll pinch and FIM in order to maximise bud sites and i'll clear away lower branches with growth that only dreams of being larf; i've also rolled and bent stems in order to get colas growing horizontally, in the hopes of keeping them out of my lights. But nothing overly dramatic.

Defolaiation was not high on my to-do list. I keep reading and hearing about the need to defoliate during flower while using LEDs, and i don't have a clue other than what i read in a recent thread that rapidly deteriorated into insults. This grow has been 'interesting' due to a number of factors, my impatience ranking high on the list. When i finally got some plants in buckets it appeared that i had a bit of root rot and with the help of Aquaman i feel it may be turning around as my plants are growing fairly well, my nutes are tea colored and reasonably stable with very little particulate floating around. My room has plenty of elbow room for the plants but not much headroom, so i'm trying to grow large bushes as opposed to trees and the plants have been co-operating perhaps too much as i have what i consider reasonable branches starting within about an inch of my hydroton/delta blocks.

Here's the room this morning, a couple of hours after lights OFF

Defoliation query for plants in rdwcled grow 2

That lower right hand bucket was the one with the worst root rot issue, you can see some residual damage on a few of the leaves;

Defoliation query for plants in rdwcled grow

Here's the base of the plant;

Lrh base

I'm hoping to get some suggestions from others who grow in RDWC under LED light. I have one Raging Kush fixture per 13 gallon bucket; four in total.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So these are sleeping and lights are on?
I’m in a similar grow space but I scrog with a much bigger canopy. I’m not sure my style matches yours. But you asked so yes I defoliate. The entire bottom of my plants are just lollipops. I have lots of pics and recent vid posted if you want to see.

can we see a day pic?

Top Bottom