Defoliation questions

• Thread starter Beowuuulf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

I’m about 3 weeks in flower and haven’t taken many leafs off. I realized this seeing a naked plant below a scrog net.. how much leaves do I pull I was thinking they are energy for the buds anyway..

See below

Any advice or techniques, discuss here!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m about 3 weeks in flower and haven’t taken many leafs off. I realized this seeing a naked plant below a scrog net.. how much leaves do I pull I was thinking they are energy for the buds anyway..

See below

Any advice or techniques, discuss here!
If your not seeing issues and have good airflow through the canopy I would leave em but if you need to get better airflow I found that pulling the fans that are growing toward the center of the plant really help open up airflow and they are the ones doing the least photosynthesizing.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

If your not seeing issues and have good airflow through the canopy I would leave em but if you need to get better airflow I found that pulling the fans that are growing toward the center of the plant really help open up airflow and they are the ones doing the least photosynthesizing.
Okay! Makes sense. they are really getting nothing, I am wondering if removing the leaves has more than airflow benefit, that energy would be redirected up top .. i suppose why it’s so popular to do

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay! Makes sense. they are really getting nothing, I am wondering if removing the leaves has more than airflow benefit, that energy would be redirected up top .. i suppose why it’s so popular to do
That can be a very debatable topic. But imo I agree to an extent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom