Defoliation

• Thread starter Cubbies69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cubbies69

Cubbies69

Can I take some of the lower fan leaves off before I flower her?
What if any can I take off?
Blue dream photo 2 months old and 2 feet tall going to have to force.
Defoliation

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

You could..or you could top and let the bottom catch up to the middle.

I would encourage you to read a few threads on defoliation, topping, and training. Alot of good information/videos out there that might help you out. Defoliation is a debatable subject lol, be ready for posts to be all over the place. Try to filter out what applies directly to your grow set up and take things with a grain of salt.

Grant you only want to remove a few leaves....defoliation usually involves stripping alot. Searching those subjects will show you why people do remove leaves, what leaves they remove, and when they do it.

I personally top to get more bud sites, and defoliate/strip bud sites that wont turn into much. I do not do this not for the claimed "increase yeild" but more a preventive. Less leaves and uselss bud sites = better air flow, better light penetration and makes it easier to see more of the plant to keep an eye on deficiencies, diseases, or pets.

Happy Growing!!!

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

My $0.02 is worth even less than face value, but I've read mixed thoughts on defoliation. My first grow was indica dominant and very dense foliage. I never trimmed any leaves that were not obviously dying and she did just fine, I think. Got about 4oz from one plant, which I rated as complete success for a first grow.

Topping sounds tempting too, @Scolymia7 😃

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

You could..or you could top and let the bottom catch up to the middle.

I would encourage you to read a few threads on defoliation, topping, and training. Alot of good information/videos out there that might help you out. Defoliation is a debatable subject lol, be ready for posts to be all over the place. Try to filter out what applies directly to your grow set up and take things with a grain of salt.

Grant you only want to remove a few leaves....defoliation usually involves stripping alot. Searching those subjects will show you why people do remove leaves, what leaves they remove, and when they do it.

I personally top to get more bud sites, and defoliate/strip bud sites that wont turn into much. I do not do this not for the claimed "increase yeild" but more a preventive. Less leaves and uselss bud sites = better air flow, better light penetration and makes it easier to see more of the plant to keep an eye on deficiencies, diseases, or pets.

Happy Growing!!!
It's not to late to top?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can I take some of the lower fan leaves off before I flower her?
What if any can I take off?
Blue dream photo 2 months old and 2 feet tall going to have to force.View attachment 1008875

Be a lot more beneficial to bend the top down some and tie it off. Will cause the side branches to come up faster and become tops. Same effect as topping pretty much but leaves the original main top to grow.

Search LST and dont forget to brace the main stem the opposite way you bend to support her roots from pulling up.

Top Bottom