Defoliation

• Thread starter kevinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinn

kevinn

First time growing indica. Have two 2 1/2 ft bushes in soil under a single 600w air cooled. 1 week into flower and very little stretch. When do I start/stop taking fan leaves and how much. Any pictures would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin

619ster

619ster

Do you have pics? Have you done any at all yet? I do it through veg to the main stem fans, and get selective in flower. Usually I try to remove little or no leaves from the top 3 nodes on every stem.

kevinn

kevinn

Haven't done anything yet except took of some lower branches. Will try and get pictures tomorrow when lights are on.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I strip the lower 1/2 of the plants in week 3 and pluck fans leaves from week 5-week 8. Like 619ster I don't take any off the main budsites. I will if they're completely shading another bud though.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

leave them alone, if there not dead leave them alone, if they are covering a bud just move it. Taking a few here and there will not kill the plant but why do it? The fan leaves are the gas tanks for your plants growth. You have 2 plants 2 1/2' high under a 600. You have lots of room to grow them and you still have some height left. Next time I might suggest that you top the plant 1 week before you flip than you will have fat stocky plants.

Peace

If you just got to cut than start at the bottom of the plant in 3 weeks it will not get much light anyway, it's called lolly popping and helps with air flow.

Top Bottom