Deformed leaves now some holes

• Thread starter WakeAndBacon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon

I posted earlier about the deformed leaves (Here) and came to the conclusion it was due to overuse of water spraying with lights on and maybe some neem.
that was a few days ago, the leaves have become more developed, the deformation hasn't changed but there are holes forming, part of me thinks this is related to the damaged cells not growing/proliferating to fill the space. but some appear to be growing and while that could be explained by my thought it could also be explained by bugs(i only see fungus gnats which are new and being daelt with). only 2 plants have the holes forming and they are also some of the least effected and happiest plants. the MAC 69 are kinda growth stunted and have the worst leaf deformations but no holes forming

i have no microscope but a loop and cant see anything on the leaves could this be a separate issue w/ bugs or nutrients unrelated to the leaf curling?

deformed leaves are on new growth of all plants but holes only on a couple

living soil indoors with worms mites rove beetls, lady bugs ect so im not using anything suepor strong that will kill them. ive sprayed neem at night but not since deformation and water throughout the day (droplets form) soil is mostly biococo with some compost and biofish added and clay for areation. i forgot to ammend oyster shells until top dressing so im worried its calcium deficient, but dont want to add gypsum or any other nutrient/ammendment without copious input as i have living soil beds that cannot be flushed.

holes:
image5 - Copy.jpeg
image6 - Copy.jpeg

deformed leaves on new gro
Image8
Image9
Image10
image0 - Copy (3).jpeg
image1 - Copy (2).jpeg

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think you have some kind of mite. Look under leaves with a magnifier.

The bug in that pic looks like an immature ladybug.

WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon

I think you have some kind of mite. Look under leaves with a magnifier.

The bug in that pic looks like an immature ladybug.
100% a lady bug, thats why i released them, a few have pupated already and one has fully developed :) hence my not wanting to spray anything harmful; to preserve the organic living soil/ecosystem in my bed

Purea

Purea

H
I posted earlier about the deformed leaves (Here) and came to the conclusion it was due to overuse of water spraying with lights on and maybe some neem.
that was a few days ago, the leaves have become more developed, the deformation hasn't changed but there are holes forming, part of me thinks this is related to the damaged cells not growing/proliferating to fill the space. but some appear to be growing and while that could be explained by my thought it could also be explained by bugs(i only see fungus gnats which are new and being daelt with). only 2 plants have the holes forming and they are also some of the least effected and happiest plants. the MAC 69 are kinda growth stunted and have the worst leaf deformations but no holes forming

i have no microscope but a loop and cant see anything on the leaves could this be a separate issue w/ bugs or nutrients unrelated to the leaf curling?

deformed leaves are on new growth of all plants but holes only on a couple

living soil indoors with worms mites rove beetls, lady bugs ect so im not using anything suepor strong that will kill them. ive sprayed neem at night but not since deformation and water throughout the day (droplets form) soil is mostly biococo with some compost and biofish added and clay for areation. i forgot to ammend oyster shells until top dressing so im worried its calcium deficient, but dont want to add gypsum or any other nutrient/ammendment without copious input as i have living soil beds that cannot be flushed.

holes:
View attachment 1146519View attachment 1146520

deformed leaves on new groView attachment 1146523View attachment 1146524View attachment 1146525View attachment 1146526View attachment 1146527
ey did u find out the issue

Trixie

Trixie

Looks like russet mites damage.

Russet mites remove cell contents from leaves, stems, and fruit cells. Usually starting near the ground, infestations of this mite progress up the plant and lower leaves dry out, giving the plant an unhealthy appearance. The color of the stems and leaves frequently becomes greasy bronze or russet colored. google

What kills russet mites on contact?
One of the most effective ways to treat russet mite infestations is with micronized sulfur. When micronized sulfur is diluted in water, it is typically applied with a sprayer. It is best to use three applications in one week, then inspect the plants and repeat as necessary. google

Top Bottom