Deformed Leaves Trying To Figure Out Why.

• Thread starter 8zlag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
8zlag

8zlag

so I recently have been battling russet mites with some ladybugs I bought and wanted to know why my leaves are coming out like so.
Deformed leaves trying to figure out why
Deformed leaves trying to figure out why 2
Deformed leaves trying to figure out why 3

Any help would be appreciated thank you

8zlag

8zlag

Do you mean the deformed leaf and the three leaflet leaves?
Did you move them from under artificial lights a few weeks back?
Might be light transitioning stress?
Yeah that's exactly what I mean. About 5 weeks ago I put it in an area that gets 4 more hours of light. Does it affect yield and quality?

Monster762

Monster762

Do you mean the deformed leaf and the three leaflet leaves?
Did you move them from under artificial lights a few weeks back?
Might be light transitioning stress?
If you look close leaves have bubbles on them. Almost looked like powder but it's not. Might be fungus or bugs or something too. I'm not sure just pointing it out in case someone knows more can tie it together.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Those bumps will form tricomes on the leaves. The three leaf appears normal and just an indication that the plant is not in vegetative mode anymore.

Monster762

Monster762

Those bumps will form tricomes on the leaves. The three leaf appears normal and just an indication that the plant is not in vegetative mode anymore.
Ah ok. I don't remember seeing bumps on my leaves.

Monster762

Monster762

I'm pretty new to this so I don't know a whole lot but if the bumps I'm seeing are gonna be trichs they are going all the way to the tips of fan leaves. That whole plant gonna look like someone dumped a bag of sugar on it.

8zlag

8zlag

If you look close leaves have bubbles on them. Almost looked like powder but it's not. Might be fungus or bugs or something too. I'm not sure just pointing it out in case someone knows more can tie it together.
Had a lot of heat and I noticed one leaf had some signs of russet mites. I unleashed in the span of 3 days about 300 ladybugs under the plant. I doubt I have any more mites. I was wondering if the leaves were forming less fingers because of the mite attack.

R

redlife215

Wouldnt form deformed leaves from tge mites but i guarentee that tge ladybugs wont fix ur russet mite problem. If there was a fluctuation in ur lighting it looms kinda reveggy

Monster762

Monster762

Had a lot of heat and I noticed one leaf had some signs of russet mites. I unleashed in the span of 3 days about 300 ladybugs under the plant. I doubt I have any more mites. I was wondering if the leaves were forming less fingers because of the mite attack.
I think only thing I've read is about plant being confused causing the kicking 3 leaves. Like they said lighting. I just mentioned bumps cause I saw em. Thought there could be other issues n wanted someone more knowledgeable than me to speak on it in case you hadn't noticed. Im pretty new. do lots of reading around and always checking out pics. Trying to learn. Hope you did get rid of the mites. Damn bugs. I thought chasing away deer was a pain til I tried indoor n got bugs.

8zlag

8zlag

So
1 - how do i know it went back into flowering
2 - if it did how long of a flowering time should i expect?
ps: i know i should go by trichome color ratio, cloudy to amber, but still want to know if it will make it take longer or not.

R

redlife215

Its not reveg, i didnt look hard enough. It loojs lije a natural leaf mutation i wouldnt worry bout that id be too worried bout makong sure the russets are gone. But it loojs like u have hairs still so it cant be too bad, russets will eat ur hairs

BudBogart

BudBogart

So
1 - how do i know it went back into flowering
2 - if it did how long of a flowering time should i expect?
ps: i know i should go by trichome color ratio, cloudy to amber, but still want to know if it will make it take longer or not.
I think you have it a little backwards. The plant switches to flowering, and then switches back to vegging...that's what causes the 1 and 3 leaflet leaves to appear. It will continue to veg until the normal flowering time and then those little buds will start to grow again in time for a normal harvest. Basically, not something you wanted to happen, but not the end of the world. Just grow them out as normal.

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom