Dehu question from a new tent grower

• Thread starter Cereall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cereall

Hello all

Just picked up a growlab 120 (4x4) for my LED flower test...
Have been running into humidity issues so picked up a 45 pint dehumidifier... but it is pretty large and electric hungry.

Specs... Running totally sealed tent due to need to increase temp so i dont ventilate... also because c02 will be enriching the environment as soon as i get this humidity under wraps

any help would be appreciated... just wondering the smalled dehu i can successfully run and maintain a decent level in my tent

Thanks

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

If u got a dehum already just run that over kill just means she won't be on for long which is less heat which is a plus with sealed tent u could also maybe do open bulb no air cooled hood and run a ac that will or should keep humidity down but kinda depends on your rh of the area your
Living in

C

Cereall

thanks for the reply... i thought of keeping it but it draws 400w and runs quite a bit still

its just big and taking up room which could be plants...

I am running leds so no air cooled or bulbs required... and even with the dehu... temps only at 75* so not necessary for the A/C yet but we will see how the summer months do

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I would check local home improvement stores for something small but 400w isn't super huge also u said your doing a sealed room but don't have co2 yet... Without co2 a sealed room is not good u need to exchange that air pretty often. And if your using LEDs and plants are on the ground
Maybe u can hang the dehumid from the top I know my hydro hut I can do pull ups on the damn thing

C

Cereall

Thanks,
I currently ventilate and leave door open for most of day but its been so cold in there and they seem to be doing fine, only had been 3 days of being sealed off. c02 should be here by the end of the week.

I will look into hanging it lol would free up space and lower vibration noise.
Wonder how much weight these grow labs can hold as I will have about 45 lbs of lights.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

It it's a legit growlab those are super nice tents very sturdy and will have no problem holding. I kid you not I did pull ups on my hut with the lights hanging there super nice framed tents, I had a 3x3 grow lush which is a cheapy that thing barley holds it's self my solution... PVC reinforced and screwed the top to the floor boards of my house. Both tents worked well just had to jerry rig the cheapy

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks,
I currently ventilate and leave door open for most of day but its been so cold in there and they seem to be doing fine, only had been 3 days of being sealed off. c02 should be here by the end of the week.

I will look into hanging it lol would free up space and lower vibration noise.
Wonder how much weight these grow labs can hold as I will have about 45 lbs of lights.

Can't speak on the growlabs, but my 4x4 Sun Hut had two 6" inlines, a Magnum XXXL, two oscillating fans, and a 25 pint dehuey hanging from the rafters (plus other miscellaneous shit).

Just use some bungees, should be fine - if needed, you can reinforce your ceiling with 2x4s pretty easily.

R

robz

It it's a legit growlab those are super nice tents very sturdy and will have no problem holding. I kid you not I did pull ups on my hut with the lights hanging there super nice framed tents, I had a 3x3 grow lush which is a cheapy that thing barley holds it's self my solution... PVC reinforced and screwed the top to the floor boards of my house. Both tents worked well just had to jerry rig the cheapy
Lol I do pull ups in my 4 by 8 Hydro hut too. Steel bars & the strongest roof on the tent market according to them. I have 3 lights in mine and all kinds of chit hanging from the ceiling. Very nice tent.

Top Bottom