Dehumidifier Idea For My Tent. Will it Work?

• Thread starter XmanN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

XmanN

I'm trying to build a closed system for my tent. I want to know if i can install my dehumidifier with just the face of it sticking through the tent like my a/c. Also should i install it at floor level or raise it up?

Check out my light set-up :rock waiting on my 160w uvb bulb for the center piece.

Dehumidifier idea for my tent will it work
Dehumidifier idea for my tent will it work 2
Dehumidifier idea for my tent will it work 3
Dehumidifier idea for my tent will it work 4
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That looks tight and clean. Very nice job. Hope it works as good as it looks. It should but I got my fingers crossed for you.

X

XmanN

That looks tight and clean. Very nice job. Hope it works as good as it looks. It should but I got my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you sir. I don't see why it wouldn't work but i don't want to make that cut until someone can confirm this.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have never been in a tent so I could be talking out of my ass here, but here are some thoughts I had. The dehuey is going to put out some heat as will that a/c. What if you keep it well outside away from your tent and just cut or use holes built in for some duct work.
What is the spectrum of your uvb bulb, when and how long are you going to run it? JK

B

Bobby Smith

Thank you sir. I don't see why it wouldn't work but i don't want to make that cut until someone can confirm this.

I hung mine from the beams of my tent (4x4) - worked pretty well.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Is the UVB bulb being used to control PM? I've been curious about this and wondered how they worked. I've always got to stay on top of PM at my location.

You tent setup looks sweet. I've ran the 4x8's and 2x4's and they do well. You sure do have your set up pretty nice. I'm sure you will do well. If that AC is venting outside the tent. You should be good. From what I can see and I could be wrong. The unit looks to be mounted outside and the face is inside. If this is the case. Great job, because the heat will stay out side the tent.

I'm running a dehumidifier about the same size and seems to work well. They make noises, but pull the water out. Your going to have to work with them, because the digital read out's on them aren't right. Get a gauge and hang it in the tent.

Nice setup and good luck on the grow. Let us know more about this UVB bulb please.
Thanks,
BG

J

Jalisco Kid

Is the UVB bulb being used to control PM? I've been curious about this and wondered how they worked. I've always got to stay on top of PM at my location.

You tent setup looks sweet. I've ran the 4x8's and 2x4's and they do well. You sure do have your set up pretty nice. I'm sure you will do well. If that AC is venting outside the tent. You should be good. From what I can see and I could be wrong. The unit looks to be mounted outside and the face is inside. If this is the case. Great job, because the heat will stay out side the tent.

I'm running a dehumidifier about the same size and seems to work well. They make noises, but pull the water out. Your going to have to work with them, because the digital read out's on them aren't right. Get a gauge and hang it in the tent.

Nice setup and good luck on the grow. Let us know more about this UVB bulb please.
Thanks,
BG

BG I think you need different wavelengths for that. uv-c I believe. Have you tried floral sprays of K silicate up to week 4? JK

X

XmanN

I have never been in a tent so I could be talking out of my ass here, but here are some thoughts I had. The dehuey is going to put out some heat as will that a/c. What if you keep it well outside away from your tent and just cut or use holes built in for some duct work.
What is the spectrum of your uvb bulb, when and how long are you going to run it? JK

The heat from the a/c and dehuey come out the back side of the units. As long as i keep temps outside the tent down, the heat they put off isn't any issue. Problem about ducting for me is noise. don't want my neighbors bitching about the jet engines next door.

http://www.reptileuv.com/

I picked up the 160w SB thinking about running it 3-6 hours per day.

I hung mine from the beams of my tent (4x4) - worked pretty well.

LOL my tent would snap if i did that.

Thanks,
BG

I didn't get the uvb bulb for PM but if it kills it then hell ya. I got it because UV light is filtered out off my a/c lights, and i wanted to have that spectrum in there. From what i have read it makes the glands swell more because it is protecting its self.

B

Bobby Smith

I think you'd be pretty surprised - I had a Magnum XXXL, two 6" inlines, a 6"x24" carbon filter, a 4" inline, and my dehumidifer hanging from my crossbeams.

4x4 tent held up fine.

G

groundmole

Very nice looking set-up...if you put the rear of the Humidifier out the tent you are just using it for a big exhaust fan....different with the ac though, as it draws inside room air thru the frt(filter) and discharges the reconditioned air into the room from the frt(vent)...totally isolated from the rear coils..although some let you include a small amount of fresh outside air by closing or opening a vent...humidifiers draw thru the frt and exhaust the rehumidified air thru the rear...at least mine does...don't think that part of your set-up will work but all else looks like a go...Jalisco Kid's suggestion will work as well...that how I run....keep um green....

X

XmanN

I think you'd be pretty surprised - I had a Magnum XXXL, two 6" inlines, a 6"x24" carbon filter, a 4" inline, and my dehumidifer hanging from my crossbeams.

4x4 tent held up fine.

Mine is a no name tent. My beams are like beefed up coat hangers. Just with those two 600's its flexin pretty bad, don't wanna risk it.

B

BoCo Buds

That set-up might work to lower the humidity, but is opening up your system.

Pretty sure that unit sucks air in from the back & out the front... or vice versa.

The first config will be pushing outside air into your room... forcing air out through all of the cracks & crevices.

The latter will be pulling air out of your room through the deuy... pulling in outside air through the cracks.

U'd need to keep the entire unit in the room to keep it sealed & to have the most effect on lowering the rh. Peace

X

XmanN

That set-up might work to lower the humidity, but is opening up your system.

Pretty sure that unit sucks air in from the back & out the front... or vice versa.

The first config will be pushing outside air into your room... forcing air out through all of the cracks & crevices.

The latter will be pulling air out of your room through the deuy... pulling in outside air through the cracks.

U'd need to keep the entire unit in the room to keep it sealed & to have the most effect on lowering the rh. Peace

Yes it will suck humid air out while pulling non-humid air throu the cracks into the tent. I realize it is impossible for me to run a totally sealed tent I'm just trying to make it as stable as possible inside there while maintaining my floor space. Also i wanted to stay away from fans as just one seems to drown out the sound of my a/c & dehuey.

B

Bobby Smith

Yes it will suck humid air out while pulling non-humid air throu the cracks into the tent. I realize it is impossible for me to run a totally sealed tent I'm just trying to make it as stable as possible inside there while maintaining my floor space. Also i wanted to stay away from fans as just one seems to drown out the sound of my a/c & dehuey.

Wowsers...........so you're using your dehuey as basically an exhaust fan?

Dude, get yourself an inline fan and a fan muffler - will use 1/6 of the watts of your dehuey, and will work much better for the application.

You can also throw a filter on an inline, so the air you're exhausting won't have stank to it.

http://www.kitchensource.com/range-hoods/sl-sil-125.htm

B

Bobby Smith

You must've missed the part where I said "use a fan muffler".

And "suck humid air out while pulling non-humid air through the cracks in the tent" is pretty much the definition of "exhaust", IMO.

Anyways, your call - good luck to you.

dextr0

dextr0

XmanN: Did you look up that information i told you about the other day? Check this out:
The ideal 'range' of UV for increase in THC is 300-320 nm. However, it is thought (and has been found in studies) chemical precursors convert into THC with greater efficiency around 280-290 nm. Both those ranges work in synergy in my opinion.
Benchmarks:
Highest ideal UV-b irradiance[2] = 370 uW/cm^2 (rounded down)

Lowest ideal UV-b irradiance[3] = 190 uW/cm^2 (rounded up)

Figure 16 shows one of the "higher output" SB lamps (ref. BM2) in use in the large bearded dragon vivarium for which it was supplied. In this set-up, the upper basking branch is not directly under the lamp, but close to the front of the vivarium. Since the beam produces a three-dimensional "cone" of UVB radiation, this puts the centre of the branch in the area receiving between 50 - 300 uW/cm². The lower branch, directly under the lamp, also receives good UVB coverage.

Megarayvivchart2
Top Bottom