Dehumidifier life hack for tents

• Thread starter AlfaDog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

So I got creative when incorporating my dehumidifier Into my room. I didn't have space in my tent and dehumidifiers give off alot of heat. When i placed it out of the tent beside I'd remove the moisture in the air going into the tent but what I needed was to remove the humidity in the tent. So I'd say this is more for people that live in a house or don't care if a lil smell escapes but I figure you prob smoke where you live so you might not mind it so especially during last 2 weeks I try stressing the plant and remove alot of humidity and bring room to around 35%-40%. So I got a rubber made storage box and some rubber or foam adhesive tape to make a seal and a 6 inch flange with 6 inch flex and bungee cords. Just make sure your bin covers and try getting a perfect fit so you get 100% air from tent. And just a lil warning make sure you have a high cfm kit or not too much negative pressure because I already had 2 random high cfm polls pop off my gorilla tent. If the dehumidifier giving off too much heat in that room place it in another room and just longer ducting 🤪
Dehumidifier
Storage bin
Air condition 1 side adhesive tape
6 inch flange
6 inch flex ducting
2 Bungee cords

Dehumidifier life hack for tents
Dehumidifier life hack for tents 2
Dehumidifier life hack for tents 3
Kevuk

Kevuk

That’s great if it works safely.

If you are covering the whole intake it may not be getting enough air to run cool.

If it’s good I’d consider doing the same.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

That’s great if it works safely.

If you are covering the whole intake it may not be getting enough air to run cool.

If it’s good I’d consider doing the same.
To reduce too much negative air pressure I open a vent on the opposite side as a clean air intake but there's zero air restrictions I just connect it directly into one of the 6inch holes and when the air comes through I feel no difference on the side of the unit so all I'm doing is directing 100% tent air and eliminating a lung room zero strain on dehumidifier

Last edited:
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I think I know what you ment now the most difficult part is finding a bin that fits perfectly every unit is different some how i found one that does fit exactly as you see in the photos I posted previously fits perfectly

20211231 182512
20211231 182639
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

So I got creative when incorporating my dehumidifier Into my room. I didn't have space in my tent and dehumidifiers give off alot of heat. When i placed it out of the tent beside I'd remove the moisture in the air going into the tent but what I needed was to remove the humidity in the tent. So I'd say this is more for people that live in a house or don't care if a lil smell escapes but I figure you prob smoke where you live so you might not mind it so especially during last 2 weeks I try stressing the plant and remove alot of humidity and bring room to around 35%-40%. So I got a rubber made storage box and some rubber or foam adhesive tape to make a seal and a 6 inch flange with 6 inch flex and bungee cords. Just make sure your bin covers and try getting a perfect fit so you get 100% air from tent. And just a lil warning make sure you have a high cfm kit or not too much negative pressure because I already had 2 random high cfm polls pop off my gorilla tent. If the dehumidifier giving off too much heat in that room place it in another room and just longer ducting 🤪
Dehumidifier
Storage bin
Air condition 1 side adhesive tape
6 inch flange
6 inch flex ducting
2 Bungee cords
I did the same thing with my air conditioner I just used the box it came in, cut it to fit and some duct tape lasted the whole grow.

Kevuk

Kevuk

To reduce too much negative air pressure I open a vent on the opposite side as a clean air intake but there's zero air restrictions I just connect it directly into one of the 6inch holes and when the air comes through I feel no difference on the side of the unit so all I'm doing is directing 100% tent air and eliminating a lung room zero strain on dehumidifier

Dehumidifiers are designed to draw air from a room unrestricted. Restricting it to drawing through 6” ducting isn’t what it is designed for.

It’s like a fat person with shallow breath trying to snorkel.

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t start to run hot before long.

If it doesn’t I won’t hesitate to do the same. It’s a great idea.

A extractor fan blowing into bin would make me more comfortable.

Dehumidifiers can cause fires if airflow is restricted.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I did the same thing with my air conditioner I just used the box it came in, cut it to fit and some duct tape lasted the whole grow.

Dehumidifiers are designed to draw air from a room unrestricted. Restricting it to drawing through 6” ducting isn’t what it is designed for.

It’s like a fat person with shallow breath trying to snorkel.

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t start to run hot before long.

If it doesn’t I won’t hesitate to do the same. It’s a great idea.

A extractor fan blowing into bin would make me more comfortable.

Dehumidifiers can cause fires if airflow is restricted.
And that's why I tested it to make sure the dehumidifier can handle it the unit doesn't strain at all ran it like that for months I understand what you mean having a 6 inch ducting to the unit and the air restriction it might pose in all this there is commonsense I don't suggest anything smaller than 6 inch 8 inch would reduce any issues

Top Bottom