DeHumidifier- Tent Grow?

• Thread starter Grim Reefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grim Reefer

Hey there good people. Ive just got my tent all set up and I've been testing it so that I can get everything dialed out before I begin my grow. My temps are good, but my humidity is high and that's without any plants yet (which means water) to add even more moisture.

My low was 53%
My high was 74%

My tent is 5x5x8.

Question- should I purchase a dehumidifier? I heard that adding an exhaust fan at the top of the tent will only lower the humidity a few percent. I don't know if that will do the trick. I'd rather spend the $225 on the dehumidifier than deal with disease, if that is what I'll be facing. I'm looking at a 50 Liter, don't think I need a 70 Liter.

Thought I'd throw it out there and see what your experiences have been for those that have high humidity in tent grows?

Thanks in advance

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
fans how many?

fans are good at lowering humidty along with a good exaust fan this usualy does the trick I would try this before putting out $ for one

:harvest:

ps low like 30% to 45% makes for good tricome coating

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
fans lower rh more than that

Hey there good people. Ive just got my tent all set up and I've been testing it so that I can get everything dialed out before I begin my grow. My temps are good, but my humidity is high and that's without any plants yet (which means water) to add even more moisture.

My low was 53%
My high was 74%

My tent is 5x5x8.

Question- should I purchase a dehumidifier? I heard that adding an exhaust fan at the top of the tent will only lower the humidity a few percent. I don't know if that will do the trick. I'd rather spend the $225 on the dehumidifier than deal with disease, if that is what I'll be facing. I'm looking at a 50 Liter, don't think I need a 70 Liter.

Thought I'd throw it out there and see what your experiences have been for those that have high humidity in tent grows?

Thanks in advance

one oscelating 6" and a 10" to 16" one too and a 6" exaust fan on all the time will put it at like 35% to 55% RH in my experiance just my opinion

:harvest:

Top Bottom