Dehumidifier water

• Thread starter BudsAlive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Hey y'all, I am having to use a dehumidifier , so to cut a long story short,and after throwing a lot of it away. Boom ... Light bulb came on .. ppm'd that water and it is 0.17ppm !! with a pH of 7. Mmm so wondering, if that can be used to water the girls?

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

i heard dehumidifier water is good for laundry,/clothes (emptying it into the laundry tub). just my 2cents
With a ppm of 0.17 ?
Ok this water has been collected from a stand alone dehumidifier , so you don't reckon it's no good for watering?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey y'all, I am having to use a dehumidifier , so to cut a long story short,and after throwing a lot of it away. Boom ... Light bulb came on .. ppm'd that water and it is 0.17ppm !! with a pH of 7. Mmm so wondering, if that can be used to water the girls?
yep sure can,i go even a step beyond that,with the condensation water coming from my ac,come out 7. ph and 20ppm so i have a 3/4 in pvc pipe running from it to a 55 gal barrel collecting it,used it in my hydro past summer and worked like a charm

Dbear180

Dbear180

The water in the reservoir of my dh gets some crap in it. Almost kinda slimy on the sides, I wouldn't use mine. Other people have success with it tho. I just run out the drain now thru a 1/4 inch line.

Dan789

Dan789

Hell yah use it, but I’m a dirt grower, so no special treatment. When I’m in bloom keeping the RH under 50% and we’re getting rain, I’m getting 2.5 gallons every other day.

B

Burned Haze

The key is to clean your barrel/water container of the dehumidifier if your trying to use one that has a mobile tray daily or your giving unneeded pathogens ( cause it takes time to fill, just clean it will a little hot water and ( examples ) physan 20 or soap and hot water, h2o2 & bleach

and if you want to save your water do it just like a rain barrel ( + clean it every Rez change to prevent pathogens and buildups ) 2nd option is when your filling your main Rez just add it straight to it ?

Using a/c and dehumidifier water have reduced my r/o by 10-30% by using that water as well ( and it’s always 0ppm, key is cleaning the barrel!)

Best option is like dirt said and uv the water after getting since w/e the device quality = germs can be there too

Easy peezy

Last edited by a moderator:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with many here. Its fine to use but there is always a risk of pathogen. UV treatment or even hydrogen peroxide I feel should be used if you are going to reclaim the water. I have seen pink mold in mine before and that's in a closed system, the last thing i want is to add those spores to my live system. its the stagnant environment it sits in that can cause issues maybe a continuous drain would not need treatment? IDK. I throw mine out because my water is basically free but I would have no problem using it if treated.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

May be time for a professional cleaning or wear a respirator 24/7 if your growing area has pathogenic "crap in the air". I had to give myself a penicillin shot just reading this.
Hahahaha I was thinking the same, I've been collecting it,got about 10ltrs don't know if to use it now or not

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

but yet you all got in your cars and drove home threw traffic,hahahah you do realize that it is condensed liquid,if you got slime in the outcome it isnt working at all ,it doesnt take liquid from the air and make slime really ,even the copper tubing inside a ac or de humidifier does sweat the mineral ,it is a gas ,same as making moon shine come on really folks,condensation,by god if you had no other drink to have you would drink it,but we talking feeding plants right,a little slime here a little slime there,oh shit forgot to add all them bottled chemicals in there ,water soil or soiless dont matter,then what about what it takes to make concentrates and such ,there are plenty folk that love them dabs and such,hahahahah you all tickle the shit out of me hahahah,this thread here made my day,thanks for the laughter,it really is a major tool of life and happiness

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

The key is to clean your barrel/water container of the dehumidifier if your trying to use one that has a mobile tray daily or your giving unneeded pathogens ( cause it takes time to fill, just clean it will a little hot water and ( examples ) physan 20 or soap and hot water, h2o2 & bleach

and if you want to save your water do it just like a rain barrel ( + clean it every Rez change to prevent pathogens and buildups ) 2nd option is when your filling your main Rez just add it straight to it ?

Using a/c and dehumidifier water have reduced my r/o by 10-30% by using that water as well ( and it’s always 0ppm, key is cleaning the barrel!)

Best option is like dirt said and uv the water after getting since w/e the device quality = germs can be there too

Easy peezy
Mmm perhaps keep putting it down the toilet. Interesting read , cheers buddy 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom