Dehumidifier with a grow tent ?

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

i have a grow tent ( 120 cm X 120cm X 200cm ) with 600W hps, a exhaust fan and an active intake.i pull fresh air from my balcony via a 350m3 extractor and a i use a 400m3 extractor as a exhaust and it extract the air from tent to outside of the house.

i am thinking to put a dehumidifier at my balcony and infront of my active intake like that picture and my plan is below . please tell me if dehumidifier is work like that ?

Dehumidifier with a grow tent
Dehumidifier with a grow tent 2
J

Jalisco Kid

I think you would need a very large dehuey to put out enough drier air.You could enclose the dehuey and pull air from there but then you would be adding a lot of heat. You could make it work by adding more a/c. It might be cheaper getting an a/c to remove your humidity. JK

C

charlesweedmore

why should i add AC ? my problem is high humidity.i have 80% - 90% humidity in the tent and outside .
i will buy 20litre/Hour dehumidifier .

J

Jalisco Kid

The right a/c will pull humidity down. Give you tighter bud at the same time. Trying to use a dehuey on an open balcony with all the outside air moving around would be like pissing in the wind. I am sure a dehuey will lower the humidity but very little. Post back if it works. JK
You could put some smoke on your balcony and watch the air flow entering your intake. This might give you an idea of your airflow pattern.

C

charlesweedmore

thanks mate.i will re-plan my dehumidifier setting up.

N

northern monsta

i would say buy a bigger ehaust fan that will bring humidity down and more fresh air i dont think they are essential unless u are sumwhere real hot and even then its going to be expensivee to run i would get a large exhaust just my opinion

R

Rural_GrowOp

I just added an a/c to my room and my humidity dropped about 30%. Just my .02.

Top Bottom