Dehumidifier

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

My dehumidifier reads 60%RH but my thermostat with the wire hanging right over the top of the canopy reads 30%RH. The dehumidifier is set up about 5ft from the thermostat. Which reading should I go by?

G

greenplanetguru

Western Calibur III

Geez, huh? I guess I wouldn't know which to trust either... A very accurate hygrometer shouldn't cost much. I have a pal who's really into his Cuban cigars and he gave me a very good portable digital hygro called a Western Calibur III when he had an over the top humidor built into his home.

It sells for about $20 and you can get it here:

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CALIBER3

Peace!:character0103:

L

likeakite

heat from lites will dehumidify the air near the bulbs more that what the actual room humidity is. I'd rely more on what the dehumidifier says because its likely a more accurate reading for the room rather than the place below the lites.

Carefull you dont dry the leaves TOO much. If the leaf blades begin to roll/curl upward. they are too hot, or dry. Overheated leaves might also begin to turn whitish.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I've had the same "problem" with my stand alone hygro's reading differently than my dehumidifier. I just use more than one hygro, and sort of get an average. Use your hygro's as a baseline, as every environment will have different characteristics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom