Dehumidifier ?

• Thread starter ohthatguy8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Just wondering if n e one has knowledge in this realm. My digital humidifier kept my basement 50 % rh. But the exhaust was hot. So I hooked it to my ventilation exhaust. Everything is running fine but instantly the digital read out jumped to 65%. But the room is 15 degrees cooler and feels less humid. Here's a pic of how I vented it
Dehumidifier

SunGrown

SunGrown

if the fan is pushing air before that y instead of pulling after the y that could be the issue

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

That's possible. I have a inline I can put in to pull n see if that helps.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I feel pulling air is always better than pushing, my experience anyway. The fans are built well enough to deal with any heat that may concern you.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I agree. All the air is being pulled from my rooms. I just tried to vent the dehumidifier into an existing vent. The dehumidifier has enough power that it stands the 5' section of ducting straight up and down so I thought it would be no problem. It's actually working really good. I want to get a different rh meter n see if its just cuasing a faulty reading

ttystikk

ttystikk

The way I understand a dehumidifier to work, you're getting rid of the air you're running it to dry out. Try leaving the vent open, disconnected from the dehuey, let it suck air out of the room, and do not run the dehumidifier for awhile. Where do your temps and rh settle?

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I see what your sayin. I stay at 65 with no DH. It runs at 50 with it on. I'm gonna try what u suggested n c if it gets rid of the heat and makes it back to 50

SunGrown

SunGrown

I have read and reread what he said and I cant wrap my head around it...can ya clarify for my sake what he said please??

SunGrown

SunGrown

maybe I get it now, not a sealed room??? so leave that y open?

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

That's what I thought he meant. Leave the y open so it's sucking the exhaust. Crazy thing is it says 35 now so I think the vent maybe messing up how it reads. But I'm happy with the feel of the room

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I guess I don't remember so much heat coming from a DH. But this was the biggest one at the depot.

Natural

Natural

cooler air holds less water..dehumidifiers create heat. Ducting your exhaust from the dehumidifier defeats the purpose of running it..that exhaust is the lowered rh air and your venting it out. That's why he says detach the vent. If it's putting too much heat into a vented room maybe up your general venting..add an ac..or maybe try the dehumidifier in a lung room pre-intake.
If your pulling in air that has high humidity plus what your plants put out..it will make the dehumidifier kick on all the time. Ventilation and ac should be the main things to keep your rh in check and the dehumidifier should be kicking on for a lil while then shutting off. Of course this is all summer talk..most places become drier in the winter and dehumidifiers help warm things at night.

buddahslave

buddahslave

use a portable a/c unit and run it on the dehumidify setting and kill two birds with one stone but I don't feel your humidity is too high and shouldn't cause you any problems at 65%:cigar:

ttystikk

ttystikk

use a portable a/c unit and run it on the dehumidify setting and kill two birds with one stone but I don't feel your humidity is too high and shouldn't cause you any problems at 65%:cigar:

I run my entire boom cycle above 65% RH, even the last week or two. It helps the plants take up CO² better Shi they grow faster. It's a myth that higher humidity alone brings root and mildew- just keep your air circulating.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

My plants are growing fine. My room that I work in was just hot. I have 4'x4' closets. They each have 6" hurricanes exhausting them as well as one to exhaust the lights. Only 1 of my 5 rooms share space with the DH. I notice that at 65 rh my hanging buds never really get dry enough. (Summer time only) so I end up taking them up stairs and then my house reeks. I did unhook the vent at the y. Ill see if it gets to hot for the farmer or if that's enough.

buddahslave

buddahslave

My plants are growing fine. My room that I work in was just hot. I have 4'x4' closets. They each have 6" hurricanes exhausting them as well as one to exhaust the lights. Only 1 of my 5 rooms share space with the DH. I notice that at 65 rh my hanging buds never really get dry enough. (Summer time only) so I end up taking them up stairs and then my house reeks. I did unhook the vent at the y. Ill see if it gets to hot for the farmer or if that's enough.

If my buds are still wet after hanging especially in the summer becuz the outer bud dry faster than the inner bud, I will just put them in a paper bag for a day or two and it seems to work fine.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I run my entire boom cycle above 65% RH, even the last week or two. It helps the plants take up CO² better Shi they grow faster. It's a myth that higher humidity alone brings root and mildew- just keep your air circulating.
I don't know who did it, but Jalisco Kid has pointed out to me on a few occasions that he was literally banned for saying it's ok to run higher RH for flowering. Literally.

Top Bottom