Dehumidifier

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the right dehumidifier for me? I'm in my second week of flower. My room is 12x14x8. I'm pulling air in and out at about 1200-1300 CFM. I currently have a 30 pint dehumidifier, but it won't get the RH below 50%. I'm running air conditioning which is helping, but need to get my rh around 45%.

Would a 70 pint dehumidifier do the trick?

Thanks all!

G gnome

G gnome

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the right dehumidifier for me? I'm in my second week of flower. My room is 12x14x8. I'm pulling air in and out at about 1200-1300 CFM. I currently have a 30 pint dehumidifier, but it won't get the RH below 50%. I'm running air conditioning which is helping, but need to get my rh around 45%.

Would a 70 pint dehumidifier do the trick?

Thanks all!
Check out quest dehumidifiers.

EatPizza

EatPizza

@G gnome

Thanks! Question... if i place my dehum directly under my carbon scrubber/exhaust. It will help suck up the hot air from the dehum, but would it affect the dehum from pulling the moisture from the air, since the scrubber is pulling air as well?

Thanks again!

G gnome

G gnome

@G gnome

Thanks! Question... if i place my dehum directly under my carbon scrubber/exhaust. It will help suck up the hot air from the dehum, but would it affect the dehum from pulling the moisture from the air, since the scrubber is pulling air as well?

Thanks again!
Is it a scrubber or an exaust? A scrubber doesn't extract air from the rm. Ur dehumidifier isnt gonna go any good if ur exausting air faster than it can dehumidify it
I got mine from Sears instead of a hydroshop...... especially since they offer up to 5 years extended warranty on top of the 1 year it came with!

Kenmore KM70 Kenmore 70 Pint Dehumidifier

Or you can go with a 50 Pint Dehuey for a little less.... either one is a great unit!!!
Those Kenmore dehumidifiers are of poor quality. They are not very effective and very inefficient. W the money u save on power usin a quest it pays for itself

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

G gnome, I just couldn't justify forking over $2,000 on an 80 pint Quest dehuey when I can get equally good results using my Kenmore for $300.

Sure the Quest is going to be built like a tank ......but in all fairness, will it "really" last longer then 5 years anyways? I mean, Does anything really these days?

Both units have a 5 year warranty ...... so if anything were to happen to either they'd both be fixed or replaced regardless.....

So i'll go ahead and use that extra $1700 i'll save ....and buy some new wheels for my car!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I used to run a haier 70 pint with auto pump from home depot. If your not in a sealed room, why would you need below 50%rh??? I've never had mine below 55% running a sealed or an air exchange room

G gnome

G gnome

G gnome, I just couldn't justify forking over $2,000 on an 80 pint Quest dehuey when I can get equally good results using my Kenmore for $300.

Sure the Quest is going to be built like a tank ......but in all fairness, will it "really" last longer then 5 years anyways? I mean, Does anything really these days?

Both units have a 5 year warranty ...... so if anything were to happen to either they'd both be fixed or replaced regardless.....

So i'll go ahead and use that extra $1700 i'll save ....and buy some new wheels for my car!

Might wanna hold off on those wheels "homeboy" ur gonna need that $1700 for all the extra electric costs haha.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

No offense bro but if you think wheels for your car are of more importance than a dehuey.....you got the wrong hobby. You get what you pay for. I will walk or catch the bus before my plants suffer.. That's what real Gardners do....

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Go ahead and take the bus real farmer.... If I see you hitch hiking i'll be sure to honk

any who....... i've been using this same dehuey for 7 months now with no ill effect..... if Anything happens to it in the next 4 years and 3 months under my extended warranty ...then i'll simply take it to Sears Like A Boss in my new car and they'll give me a New one no question.

With a triple digit annual income I think I could swing it if I for whatever reason needed a quest down the road...... simmer down.

Last edited:
WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Might wanna hold off on those wheels "homeboy" ur gonna need that $1700 for all the extra electric costs haha.

"homeboy" .... seriously?

You have absolutely No idea what kind of persona I portray out in the world.... and if you ever seen me you would NEVER look my direction and think to yourself........ "homeboy" ....what the actual fuck?

I run a tight ship and am able to get some things now and then.... wheels for my new car is one of them.

if you cant understand this then oh well.... we have different hobbies ...no biggie.

But as far as my electric bill....it has been more then fair over the course that i have been running my new sealed room ... No issues at all.

G gnome

G gnome

You have absolutely No idea what kind of persona I portray out in the world.... and if you ever seen me you would NEVER look my direction and think to yourself........ "homeboy" ....what the actual fuck?

I run a tight ship and am able to get some things now and then.... wheels for my new car is one of them.

if you cant understand this then oh well.... we have different hobbies ...no biggie.

But as far as my electric bill....it has been more then fair over the course that i have been running my new sealed room ... No issues at all.
Easy there big fella.....dont let the dog off the leash. I was foolin. Haha

G gnome

G gnome

If ya wanna spend ur money on wheels then by all means.....mof im planning on getting some new rims for my quest dual 105 haha

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I like delonghi dehumidifiers.. my current 1 runs all year and has been pulling 5 gallons of water out of the room every 2 days for 3 years now.

SpiderK

SpiderK

you could also take a few buckets and drill holes in the bottom then fill with rock salt about six inches. then place this bucket into another one. it will pull the moisture out of the air, then collect in the bottom bucket that keeps it sealed until you dump it .....

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Since I sense some dickishness I will whip out my retort: what happens when your piece of shit sears dehuey goes out at 3 in the morning on a holiday weekend, your humidity spikes to 90% and you ruin your whole crop because you wanted to be a cheap ass . You probably don't care because your 2 plants in your closet at your dad's house Is just for fun anyway. Obviously you don't give a shit by your snarkey lil attitude.....why do you even ask advice on a cannabis forum from well respected gardners if your just gonna be a dickhead. You mention you make 6 figure income.....seems like you need to get a better paying job so you can afford to buy some common sense. Good luck sweetie.

G gnome

G gnome

Since I sense some dickishness I will whip out my retort: what happens when your piece of shit sears dehuey goes out at 3 in the morning on a holiday weekend, your humidity spikes to 90% and you ruin your whole crop because you wanted to be a cheap ass . You probably don't care because your 2 plants in your closet at your dad's house Is just for fun anyway. Obviously you don't give a shit by your snarkey lil attitude.....why do you even ask advice on a cannabis forum from well respected gardners if your just gonna be a dickhead. You mention you make 6 figure income.....seems like you need to get a better paying job so you can afford to buy some common sense. Good luck sweetie.
Fwiw he wasnt the one askin advice....he was giving advice haha

Either way i actually have one of those Kenmore p.o.s.'s. B4 i broke down and got a quest i went thru a bunch of lesser units. He'll just have to learn the hard way......I was havin to run 3 of those big box dehumidifiers by the time i finally got a quest. The 105 dual is much more effective and efficient.

mancdank

mancdank

Sounds to me like your whole room needs a little re shuffle a bigger tank ain't guna do shit if nothing else is working properly. Understand your plant needs and everything else will fall into place don't try and run before u can walk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom