Dehumidifier

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Since I sense some dickishness I will whip out my retort: what happens when your piece of shit sears dehuey goes out at 3 in the morning on a holiday weekend, your humidity spikes to 90% and you ruin your whole crop because you wanted to be a cheap ass . You probably don't care because your 2 plants in your closet at your dad's house Is just for fun anyway. Obviously you don't give a shit by your snarkey lil attitude.....why do you even ask advice on a cannabis forum from well respected gardners if your just gonna be a dickhead. You mention you make 6 figure income.....seems like you need to get a better paying job so you can afford to buy some common sense. Good luck sweetie.

You're a fucking idiot! Period!

Where have you ever seen me post that I live with my dad and that I only grow two plants?

Your so delusional it's not even worth responding to your comments!!!

And if your SERIOUSLY going to hate on me because I decided to save $1700 by buying a Kenmore instead of a Quest then you ARE Delusional!

I can guarantee that my electric bill is no higher then someone else who is running the 80 pint quest dehuey!

I'm willing to bet money!!!!!!!

Natural

Natural

wow this thread has some fire storms..lol
I grow in 12x14 as well..70 pint won't keep up with a room full of plants..but I live in a more humid climate than some as well. The thing about these 70 pint big box store units is that when the struggle to bring down the humidity the unit has a sensor that will kick on it's heater. Low grain commercial units will operate more efficiently with less heat. Yes it's expensive and will dictate your purchase..but the logical upgrade eventually is a unit like Quest 105 for that space.

mancdank

mancdank

You're a fucking idiot! Period!

Where have you ever seen me post that I live with my dad and that I only grow two plants?

Your so delusional it's not even worth responding to your comments!!!

And if your SERIOUSLY going to hate on me because I decided to save $1700 by buying a Kenmore instead of a Quest then you ARE Delusional!

I can guarantee that my electric bill is no higher then someone else who is running the 80 pint quest dehuey!

I'm willing to bet money!!!!!!!
Personally I ain't heard of any of these brands being in the uk but what I do know for sure is that the gnome wouldn't spend a extra $1700 on something unless it's worth it period so my best advice to u guys is when some one of this calibre decides to take the time out of his personal life to help and explain u run with that advice!!! There must be a reason that they can justify charging 2k for a single until when u could buy 10 that u have for the same $$$ it's simple business sense if u have a product it needs to be priced at a competitive price unless u know your product can't be touched of anything else on the market. Also the 1 u have probably does a real good job and I understand it's got a 5 year warranty but are they guna give u your lost $$$ for your plants that have suffered because unless u are only doing a single plant that will work out a lot more than a couple of hundred bucks that they will refund u :)

Natural

Natural

Does the quest have a ducted exhaust on it?
yes they have an optional ducting kit so they can be run outside of the room. You don't want to 'exhaust' any air literally, you want to return duct the air that the unit processes..because that's the lowered humidity. They also use merv hepa type filters that can run constantly or when the compressor kicks on.

G gnome

G gnome

yes they have an optional ducting kit so they can be run outside of the room. You don't want to 'exhaust' any air literally, you want to return duct the air that the unit processes..because that's the lowered humidity. They also use merv hepa type filters that can run constantly or when the compressor kicks on.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

That's cool, thank you.
I run a couple old consumer-grade units and have them exhausting the hot air outside of the room. Looks like I should leave it in and compensate with some more btu's of a/c.

G gnome

G gnome

Exausting the hot air means essentially ur doin nothing but usin ur dehumidifier as an exhaust fan.
That's cool, thank you.
I run a couple old consumer-grade units and have them exhausting the hot air outside of the room. Looks like I should leave it in and compensate with some more btu's of a/c.

G gnome

G gnome

Oh wow. Wish I knew this a while back. Thanks guys.
No offense but if ya think about it its kinda common sense. How is ur dehumidifier gonna lower the humidity in a rm if all ur doin is takin the air that the machine has dried out and getting rid of it? How did u think the dehumidifier was lowering rh?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

You're absolutely right, no offense taken, as I'm a firm believer in the efficacy of the occasional well deserved dope slap. I don't have a good answer for that, guess I was just thinking like a simpleton ("hot air needs to go elsewhere") and it's pretty damn obvious now that I'm thinking about it.
It's dumb luck that I haven't had massive mold problems, but I guess it's just been operating as a very electrically inefficient exhaust fan.

G gnome

G gnome

You're absolutely right, no offense taken, as I'm a firm believer in the efficacy of the occasional well deserved dope slap. I don't have a good answer for that, guess I was just thinking like a simpleton ("hot air needs to go elsewhere") and it's pretty damn obvious now that I'm thinking about it.
It's dumb luck that I haven't had massive mold problems, but I guess it's just been operating as a very electrically inefficient exhaust fan.
Haha very inefficient indeed. Whats the humidity been like for ya?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

According to the digital readout on the unit it's been maintaining at the points I set it to (at least around the sensor on the unit). 70 till week 6 then 60 then taper down to 50 week 7 to finish. Gotta hang a humidistat in the middle of the room. Working with a buddy on a raspberry pi environmental logger/controller but that's a subject for another thread, I suppose.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Dri Eaz is also another good one. @Capulator arent you using these? Do yourself a favor and hit up a janitorial supply house for dehuys.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sounds like a good idea. Got any links?

We got them local so and don;t think they are online. Always give the locals love.

https://www.drieaz.com/DEC_Product_Base.aspx?decID=1939
That is the one I'm talking about. Think they were almost half of what the MSRP is on the site. These are used when you flood a basement. Bad Bitches. Washable filters. That's the beast of the line. Others are no joke either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom