Dense Buds

• Thread starter DLOOT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DLOOT

What is the key to getting dense buds.? I'm a fourth-year grower run LED lights plenty of ventilation temperatures 80 degrees 81 degrees definitely have plenty of LED lighting just seem to not be able to get dense buds. Humidity is 40%. Do an advanced nutrients feeding schedule also Fox Farm nutrients feeding schedules running Fox Farm ocean forest soil mixing in some Humboldt nutrients mixed in some non sulfured molasses seems like I've tried it all. HELPPPPPP

Last edited:
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Genetics > hydro > light > proper nutrition.

Soil tends to have lower yields than other growing methods. Are you just growing different plants all the time? Get a cut or some dense indy seeds. Grow them in coco. Figure out what spectrum you're rocking. I would never use current leds as cmhs are like the same price and give fat nugs with little wattage, this might be some of your problem. Ensure you're feeding adequate nutrients during flower. Nutrients are the easiest part and generally give the lowest return on yield. In short, get better genetics, use hydro, figure out your light and its spectrum(and replace it with a cmh if it isn't really expensive lol), check your feeding against an experienced grower.

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

I would echo that and say
Genetics > LIGHT (PAR) > proper nutrition > hydro > C02.

Genetics is key. Then maximizing the growth in flower and veg with PAR & a good spectrum. I like to say minimum 400 PPFD at edge of canopy. Then upwards of 1100-1500 PPFD canopy center.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What is the key to getting dense buds.? I'm a fourth-year grower run LED lights plenty of ventilation temperatures 80 degrees 81 degrees definitely have plenty of LED lighting just seem to not be able to get dense buds. Humidity is 40%. Do an advanced nutrients feeding schedule also Fox Farm nutrients feeding schedules running Fox Farm ocean forest soil mixing in some Humboldt nutrients mixed in some non sulfured molasses seems like I've tried it all. HELPPPPPP
More photon density and a good pk booster... But i have had some fire fluffy stuff and dense doesnt always mean good or bag appeal

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I would echo that and say
Genetics > LIGHT (PAR) > proper nutrition > hydro > C02.

Genetics is key. Then maximizing the growth in flower and veg with PAR & a good spectrum. I like to say minimum 400 PPFD at edge of canopy. Then upwards of 1100-1500 PPFD canopy center.
Yeah i would actually probably switch light and medium. I didn't spend much time planning that just wanted get the info down fast.

D

DLOOT

More photon density and a good pk booster... But i have had some fire fluffy stuff and dense doesnt always mean good or bag appeal
Yeah my stuff I have now is fire as well but it's fluffy just trying to figure out how them people in Cali or wherever it is get them d dense nuggets

newh

newh

How many wall watts of led in how big an area?I didnt get any good sized nugs till I was using at least 600 wall watts of blurple led light in a 4x4 area.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

How many wall watts of led in how big an area?I didnt get any good sized nugs till I was using at least 600 wall watts of blurple led light in a 4x4 area.
And what does that cost in the cheap leds? 600w from the wall can't be cheap right?

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

My Mars reflector 192x3 was $300 and my Growblu 120x3 was $500.Now I use the 600 hps and one of the leds
Man. Even in Canada i could get a 630w cmh for 500 and a 1000w digital with hps and mh bulbs, hood, everything but cooling for it for 300. Actually at 300 you might be able to get a booster fan that could cool that light in a colder climate too. You could produce at least a pound off each with very little knowledge or talent. What can be produced with just the growblu and what does it wall pull? I'm not trying to be negative if it seems that way i just want to see where the price point for an equivalent of those 2 would be. If you think I'm being a jerk feel free to ignore me.

newh

newh

Man. Even in Canada i could get a 630w cmh for 500 and a 1000w digital with hps and mh bulbs, hood, everything but cooling for it for 300. Actually at 300 you might be able to get a booster fan that could cool that light in a colder climate too. You could produce at least a pound off each with very little knowledge or talent. What can be produced with just the growblu and what does it wall pull? I'm not trying to be negative if it seems that way i just want to see where the price point for an equivalent of those 2 would be. If you think I'm being a jerk feel free to ignore me.
The Growblu pulls about 250 watts and it really only covers one nice sized plants.As far as price point I had no real idea what i was doing lol.I started with cfls moved on to the blurple leds then the hps.I ran just the leds for a couple years and did pretty good,to me I got my money out of them the Growblu is chugging along right now as we speak although all the drivers have gone bad and been replaced since I got the light it just over 4 years old

newh

newh

oh yeah,I have no feelings lol fire away lol

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

oh yeah,I have no feelings lol fire away lol
No need to. We were all new. When i was new hps magnetics and bat guano were all the rage. I'm only now really wanting to leave hps. And that's just because cmh feels really good to me. I like their focus and they work how i like to imagine lights working. I don't need to run cooled hoods or a bunch of uvb lights. Which, to other hps users adds a noticeable increase to potency. Which makes sense since thc production is related to uvb exposure.

newh

newh

When I get tired of the hps im getting either a quantum board set up from horticulture lighting group or a ChilLed https://chilledgrowlights.com/our-products-services/commercial-led-grow-lights/gen-2-led-grow-light-400-watts-double Theyre pricey but very efficient .Im still waiting for the prices to go down lol,maybe next year

Dan789

Dan789

My 4x4 tent with 600 wall watts of 3000K COBS are at least two/more weeks ahead of my bluple 500+ wall watt, lights in the other tent. At 51 days.
A5B8DB0D 7AE4 41FC 9C23 2D6CD0B46A6E

Top Bottom