chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Denver limits pot homegrows to 12 plants; no front-yard smoke ban
By Jeremy P. Meyer
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/09/2013 08:03:11 PM MST7 comments | Updated: about 3 hours ago

Denver residents will be allowed to grow only 12 marijuana plants per household for recreational use, the City Council decided on Monday.
The council continues to work on developing rules and regulations around pot as the Jan. 1 deadline approaches, when it will be legal for stores to sell pot to adults 21 and older.
On Monday, the legislative body worked throughout the afternoon on several issues — making final decisions on where pot can be smoked on private property and how much cannabis can be grown per dwelling.
"In 22 days,the image of our city and state will change," said Councilman Charlie Brown. "Some won't be pleased with what we've decided and some will. We are going to watch very closely what will happen. ... If we need to make adjustments we will."
After several weeks of discussing whether to allow people to smoke pot on their front yards if it would be visible from the public street, the council made its final vote without much fanfare.
Earlier in the day, the 13-member body killed a bill in committee offered by Councilwoman Debbie Ortega that would have banned outside smoking on private property if it was within 1,000 feet of a school.
Later in the evening, the council, at its formal meeting, unanimously agreed to make the zoning rules for recreational marijuana the same for medical marijuana. In 2010, the council set a 12-plant limit for medical marijuana homegrows under the zoning code. Council members agreed the same limit should be extended to recreational marijuana, allowing six plants per adult with a 12-plant maximum per dwelling.
Amendment 64 that was passed by Colorado voters in 2012 didn't set a limit, but Assistant City Attorney David Broadwell said the amendment also didn't restrict the city from setting restrictions. Without limits, he said, there are several scenarios when the plant numbers could increase — several adults per household, people growing both medical and recreational marijuana, people growing for friends.
"The rationale is that it needs to be kept at a fairly manageable level," Broadwell said.
Councilwoman Jeanne Robb said the issue is a zoning concern, not a criminal one.
"It's not going to be a police state, where officers are going to go in and inspect your house," she said. "It's going to be complaint driven."
Amendment 64 also states recreational marijuana should be grown in an enclosed and locked space.
Broadwell said there should be no doubt that growing marijuana outside is not allowed in the city and county of Denver.
Finally, the council put to rest the controversial bill about where people could smoke marijuana on their own properties — an issue that flipped several times. Ultimately, the council decided that adults can smoke on their own front yards or anywhere on private property where they have permission.
A week ago, the council with a one-vote majority rejected Robb's "front-yard" amendment that would have banned smoking on private property if it could be seen from a public street or sidewalk.
On Monday, the council voted 10-3 to approve the bill that eliminated the front-yard ban.
Council President Mary Beth Susman called the vote a seminal one on recreational marijuana.
Councilman Paul Lopez said it won't be the last time the council talks pot.
"I am supportive of this bill," he said. "It is a balance that we have to, this is not going to be the last time we will be talking about marijuana I am supportive of this bill. It's a balance that we have to achieve, and we are doing our best."
Also, on Monday, the city debuted a website explaining the do's and don'ts about marijuana.
"We promised the people of Denver that we would implement Amendment 64 in a responsible manner, protecting our neighborhoods, our children and our quality of life," said Mayor Michael Hancock in a statement. aid. "We continue to work hard to balance the divergent needs and wants of many in the community."
Jeremy P. Meyer: 303-954-1367, [email protected] or twitter.com/jpmeyerdpost

Read more: Denver limits pot homegrows to 12 plants; no front-yard smoke ban - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24689956/denver-limits-pot-homegrows-12-plants-no-front#ixzz2n3FDSyLD
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

sky high

sky high

'bout time for >someone< to interject "nazis" and "boot jack thugs" into this thread as they always do....or at the least, blame Obama/Holder for the plant limits.

The limit set here in my county is 18 per residence. Not that they will come....but they "think" they can supercede basic rights... so let's give em that fable to tell as we laugh in their general direction and generally don't give a fuck, as always.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
'bout time for >someone< to interject "nazis" and "boot jack thugs" into this thread as they always do....or at the least, blame Obama/Holder for the plant limits.

The limit set here in my county is 18 per residence. Not that they will come....but they "think" they can supercede basic rights... so let's give em that fable to tell as we laugh in their general direction and generally don't give a fuck, as always.
got to keep the fun in it somehow...

frebo

frebo

Denver limits pot homegrows to 12 plants; no front-yard smoke ban
By Jeremy P. Meyer
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/09/2013 08:03:11 PM MST7 comments | Updated: about 3 hours ago

Denver residents will be allowed to grow only 12 marijuana plants per household for recreational use, the City Council decided on Monday.
The council continues to work on developing rules and regulations around pot as the Jan. 1 deadline approaches, when it will be legal for stores to sell pot to adults 21 and older.
On Monday, the legislative body worked throughout the afternoon on several issues — making final decisions on where pot can be smoked on private property and how much cannabis can be grown per dwelling.
"In 22 days,the image of our city and state will change," said Councilman Charlie Brown. "Some won't be pleased with what we've decided and some will. We are going to watch very closely what will happen. ... If we need to make adjustments we will."
After several weeks of discussing whether to allow people to smoke pot on their front yards if it would be visible from the public street, the council made its final vote without much fanfare.
Earlier in the day, the 13-member body killed a bill in committee offered by Councilwoman Debbie Ortega that would have banned outside smoking on private property if it was within 1,000 feet of a school.
Later in the evening, the council, at its formal meeting, unanimously agreed to make the zoning rules for recreational marijuana the same for medical marijuana. In 2010, the council set a 12-plant limit for medical marijuana homegrows under the zoning code. Council members agreed the same limit should be extended to recreational marijuana, allowing six plants per adult with a 12-plant maximum per dwelling.
Amendment 64 that was passed by Colorado voters in 2012 didn't set a limit, but Assistant City Attorney David Broadwell said the amendment also didn't restrict the city from setting restrictions. Without limits, he said, there are several scenarios when the plant numbers could increase — several adults per household, people growing both medical and recreational marijuana, people growing for friends.
"The rationale is that it needs to be kept at a fairly manageable level," Broadwell said.
Councilwoman Jeanne Robb said the issue is a zoning concern, not a criminal one.
"It's not going to be a police state, where officers are going to go in and inspect your house," she said. "It's going to be complaint driven."
Amendment 64 also states recreational marijuana should be grown in an enclosed and locked space.
Broadwell said there should be no doubt that growing marijuana outside is not allowed in the city and county of Denver.
Finally, the council put to rest the controversial bill about where people could smoke marijuana on their own properties — an issue that flipped several times. Ultimately, the council decided that adults can smoke on their own front yards or anywhere on private property where they have permission.
A week ago, the council with a one-vote majority rejected Robb's "front-yard" amendment that would have banned smoking on private property if it could be seen from a public street or sidewalk.
On Monday, the council voted 10-3 to approve the bill that eliminated the front-yard ban.
Council President Mary Beth Susman called the vote a seminal one on recreational marijuana.
Councilman Paul Lopez said it won't be the last time the council talks pot.
"I am supportive of this bill," he said. "It is a balance that we have to, this is not going to be the last time we will be talking about marijuana I am supportive of this bill. It's a balance that we have to achieve, and we are doing our best."
Also, on Monday, the city debuted a website explaining the do's and don'ts about marijuana.
"We promised the people of Denver that we would implement Amendment 64 in a responsible manner, protecting our neighborhoods, our children and our quality of life," said Mayor Michael Hancock in a statement. aid. "We continue to work hard to balance the divergent needs and wants of many in the community."
Jeremy P. Meyer: 303-954-1367, [email protected] or twitter.com/jpmeyerdpost

Read more: Denver limits pot homegrows to 12 plants; no front-yard smoke ban - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24689956/denver-limits-pot-homegrows-12-plants-no-front#ixzz2n3FDSyLD
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

I think this front yard ban should include ALL smoking(tobacco) in the front yard.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I think this front yard ban should include ALL smoking(tobacco) in the front yard.
I think It should be up to us to use common sense. if the kids are out playing next door and someones smoking like a locomotive that's not cool Most cig. smokers these days seem to respect non smokers and go somewhere it don't bother no one...
They just don't want a bunch of fools blazing away..... look at me world I am a goof...like my mom used to say.....

organicozarks

organicozarks

The plant limits don't seem reasonable. We have high plant count recommendations, and they far exceed their supposed limit. :)

sky high

sky high

Those are "Med" recommendations/variances...and have nothing to do with A64, ozark. However, you still have to produce proof you need all those plants (medically/w/a doctor/etc) in court should they find your garden for some reason and decide to fuck with you.

Like many say...if you have more than 3/3...for ANY reason...you should treat this like you still live close to the Lake of the Go Karts and..um...prolly not smoke on the porch and stuff "legal" or not.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Here in Michigan we can have 12 plants per patient, with up to 5 patients and yourself for total of 72 plants. That's a lot of med for 6 people to consume, so I feel its overly fair as far as thing go!!!

sky high

sky high

We had the RIGHT to have unlimited patients here in CO at the onset of all of this. Such a right is what brought MANY folks here...long before the "dispensaries" came in and the laws WERE CHANGED TO FAVOR THEM. From the unlimited status we once held.....we were ratcheted back to a limit of 5 patients...with the option of going up to 10 if you want to GO THROUGH BACKGROUND CHECKS and license further with the State....

then they went to "vertical integration" and cut out the caregivers from playing the game altogether....and many folks dropped their patient counts or stopped growing for others altogether. you can only smoke SO much. LOL

I hope you can keep your game....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I think the counts are perfectly reasonable,how many do you really need to grow for personal?I think its funny that some folks have to push the limits on everything.

sky high

sky high

Exactly how I feel about all of the warehouses that are now being allowed...as "medical" grows....when..um...we all know that the 100,000 people licensed as med folks in this State...IF they buy weed at all...couldn't smoke THAT MUCH weed if they tried. (most grow their own/etc)

In the end, the scale going on here exceeds the need, (other than the greed need..LOL) without a doubt.

at some point the limits will be pushed too far and the voters/lawmakers (or the FED) will >again< push back.

just gotta hope us personal grower folks don't get screwed yet again... uuuhuum.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

In Denver there is a limit of 12 plants per household for Medical Patients. If you are zoned residential and in Denver you have that limit regardless.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Denver: "We're gonna tax the shit out of you!"

Last time I ever worked in the city. There was a county tax for everything.
Denver is good at getting money from the people, and that's what they're gonna do.

Top Bottom