Denver Passes Zoning to Eliminate Caregivers

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

Denver Passes Bill to Eliminate Caregivers

I watched the live feed from the meeting tonight. I cannot believe how ignorant these people are. Makes you wonder if some of the MMCs were chirping in their ears to get this passed. I have spoken to several owners that have been to meetings with only dispensary owners where they talk about getting rid of caregivers.

It will be interesting to see this play out in the courts.

http://www.johndoeradio.com/cannabi...ivate-cannabis-caregivers-within-city-limits/

R

RMCG

MOTHERF*CKERS.

http://t0.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwXUrlD3O5wvQZciTLEC1yR-SDYsNxXeifmCBvPfkgEk3Bol4&t=1&usg=__Bz96Y8KRw1x1Jv8FLWw-J-T7FQ0=

the-finger.jpg

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

What a joke. HB1284 doesn't have anything to do with this. It shows the lack of understanding from the city council on MMJ in general. It's just like denver being tough on parking tickets, it's just another shitty way for the city to take your money while simultaneously giving a big up to the MMC's. Keep on growing in denver, this is totally illegal and it will be put to rest soon.

Maybe these idiots should READ next time denver feels like rewriting the colorado constitution.

F

Funkfingers

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZdJRDpLHbw[/YOUTUBE]

Man I think this sums it up....motherfuckers..fuck medical marijuana shit is a joke! More like take advantage of the sick and make them pay exhorbanant prices for commercially grown sup par weed..

sky high

sky high

How will they find out who is caregiving when the info is supposedly protected by law?

And WHAT punishment can they levy for such a violation when the Amendment says we are free from prosecution/have an affirmative defense?

Wot a mess....

H

haole

How will they find out who is caregiving when the info is supposedly protected by law?

And WHAT punishment can they levy for such a violation when the Amendment says we are free from prosecution/have an affirmative defense?

Wot a mess....

I'm guessing violating this zoning would result in a cease and desist order, some fines and potentially misdemeanor(s).
:dull

B

Budsworth

Well...my 3 patients are going to be really bummed. I GIVE them thousands of dollars of mmj a year. They basically pay me enough to cover costs, and a little bit more for our time.

Two of them have very little money. We have wonderful relationships with all of them. It's too bad we can now only grow for my wife and I.

I just had one over yesterday. Gave him some medicine. Gave him several edibles as well. He was telling us how grateful he was because he can't afford the product at the dispensaries. He also told us our product was far better than what he has found in his trips to the dispensaries.

So now instead of getting thousands of dollars in good quality medicine a year, he's going to have to go back to buying sub-par over priced crap from dispensaries.

Isn't it nice how 13 people can just change peoples lives in a matter of minutes.

Way to think this one through, Denver City Council. You put a ton of thought into this.

Here's an idea, since I read why you CLAIM you're doing this:

If odor becomes a nuisance from a residence, start requiring odor reducing measures. If the neighbors complain about the odor, fine the culprit with increasing fines for each infraction. I do agree, there are some idiots out there that don't do anything or not enough to control odor.

That way you get caregivers towards making sure they keep the smell to an absolute minimum....instead of punishing patients.

R

RMCG

I think every caregiver affected by this should add a chicken coop(complete with rooster), a goat, till up their front and back yards to plant an 'urban farm', complete with a LARGE organic compost pile(plenty of free chicken and goat shit), on the edge of the property line closest to their whiniest neighbor.

Hmmm, that 'permitting' model sounds sensible to me! Come make sure that I have proper ventilation, odor control, nutrient/waste water disposal, chemical storage, disease/pest prevention, etc. But don't forget that you would HAVE to do that for EVERY single flower and vegetable garden in town, as they use the same things, are subject to the same pests/disease, etc.

Not some knee-jerk shit you have no idea about because some guy with a new born on the way thinks that 60 plants is the going to kill his precious offspring.

sky high

sky high

the dumbfuck lives in one of the worst cities for air quality in the US and he's worried about SMELL from weed hurting his child?

12 plants, huh? Lit by what....20K? That's where >>I<< will take this if they try something similar here. Call the electrician....install the 200 amp panel....head to the hydro store for 8 more ballasts..... then call them fuckers back and tell 'em to come over and LOOK AT THE SUN. While they are here, I will tell them that if they want, I can add 8 MORE 1k's......and everytime they come to fuck with me things are just gonna get bigger.

Still 12 plants tho!

If the attorneys don't jump on this we are simply fucked...

B

Budsworth

Is there going to be some kind of legal challenge to this?

What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to go dump my patients? What do I tell them? We have such a wonderful relationship with all of them...very often staying for several hours when we bring them medicine. We've taught them how to cook. How to store. I help them with projects around the house.

I am actually kind of sad. The two with lesser incomes are really going to be fucked here. They haven't gone to dispensaries in a long time. Neither of them like dispensaries and don't want to be seen walking in and out of them.

Oh well, quick decisions by assholes in government. Never happens.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

How do I keep a mom get clones and still stay under that limit and get enough to make it worth it ? I can deal with 6 in flower I will blast them ,but I need clones and a mom what if a clone dies set you back for weeks they should limit only flowering plants if at all. So much grey area, I was in Canada in 2003 for the BC spring harvest cup the week I was there they decriminalized saw it on the news myself there strategy was overgrow the government. Maybe we should follow.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Wot a mess....

http://www.saintveltri.com/

I have a good friend who works for this attorney. He said he is willing to do the case if denver passed the regulation. The zoning is totally illegal, denver can't rewrite AM20 as denver sees fit. He's probably working on it right now.

This was the problem with prop19 in cali. HB1284 gave NO ONE the right to ban caregivers, just MMC's. That is the beuty of AM20, it's out constitutional right.

yea wtf get a carbon filter if you don't have one already. Did someone mention how the guy shouldn't have 60 plants without an exceptional circumstance anyway?

F

FoCo

This Denver zoning ordinance sounds like the exact same thing that Ft. Collins pulled... no legal challenges to ours yet that I'm aware of...

K

kuz

Charlile Brown says;
"if medical marijuana people had cooperated"

Since they banned caregivers i guess we are now known as medical marijuana people. Moron.

By cooperation I guess he means 3000 patients instead of 100,000? May the lawyers have fun.

Did Fort Collins ban caregivers or put a plant limit on them? This flat out ban is blatant disregard for the rules of the constitution, at this point they dont even pretend to respect the law.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

It's technically not a ban. You can still grow as a caregiver in an area zoned for it within the city. It's a zoning issue. this really sucks, it's not a constitutional issue really, just like you technically can't pull your engine out of your car in your driveway in Denver. They're zoning caregivers out of residential areas. It looks like you can grow as a caregiver in any commercial location as long as it isn't a business.

I spoke with my attorney today and it didn't sound good. Denver has the right to place zoning regulations like this. It would have been better if denver banned caregivers all together but since it's a zoning issue it's going to effect 90% of all caregivers in denver county. It's not a constitutional issue :anim_10:

Here come the MPB's and undercurrent systems. 12 plants, 16 lights. Get a 12ft ceiling and run 8k watts around 1 plant.

That's it denver, if these guys wanna bitch about smell grow UK cheese or some roadkill skunk without carbon filters. 15ft trees in the backyard next year.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It is still effectively a ban, though, yes? I mean, if they change zoning that creates a violation where none previously existed, it is effectively a ban to my thinking.

Top Bottom