Department Of Revenue

• Thread starter mrenz999
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrenz999

As a dispensary owner (Zen Herbal Consultants) in Bothell WA. I received a letter from the Washington State Department of Revenue. The letter explains how Medical Marijuana is not a prescription it is taxable and that I have to submit sales tax on all sales. But my question is this. If it I have to pay sales tax on what I sell. Does that mean I am selling it legally ? Hmmmm.

Thoughts ?

D

dr.tree

Don't count on it. The good news is that it legitimatizes the canna trade and is one step closer to government acknowledgment of canna commerce.

If the state can get revenue, it seems more likely they may see the merit in legalization.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
What did you expect

Almost makes you want to go cash only(hehe), but as stated it legitimizes you in the eyes of the govt.. They can't take your tax $ and arrest you too? Good Luck, paying taxes would make me feel legit

mal

M

mrenz999

Well I would think for sure that it would be tough to throw me in jail for doing something they are asking me to collect taxes for. But I sell everything for 10.00 a gram or less. So I will raise the price a buck and pay them. Just the act of paying them and them accepting it, more less demanding it adds some legal protection. I grow all my own stuff so it's not like it would hurt me to even just add 50 cents a gram and pay the rest myself. I don't buy it and then resell it.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds Sweet

Thats a sweet operation you have there, I'd keep real good records of all transactions, pay your taxes, and rock on. I wish you great luck in all your endeavors, 10 $ a gram is very affordable and very cool of you

mal

M

mrenz999

Well thank you. I have high quality stuff and try to keep it affordable. 225.00 a zip or 10.00 a gram.

63or63

So the state writes code that provides an affirmative defense, while patients continue to live in fear of federal prosecution for the- "Medical use of marijuana" means the production, possession, or administration of marijuana, as defined in RCW 69.50.101(q), for the exclusive benefit of a qualifying patient in the treatment of his or her terminal or debilitating illness..."

Yet provides no clear code addressing the sale and or regulation of this medicine to patients unable to produce their own.

Good luck applying this to the patient network model that is facilitated through patient to patient donations.

The ever gray cloud over the Seattle MMJ seems to have just got bigger. Or should I say it appears everyone is burning trees out in WA these days.

What do you think would happen when something like the Washington Cannabis Association trade group starts earlier this month. http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/12/cannabis_trade_association_formed_in_washington.php

Patient networks co-ops start calling themselves dispensaries, and now the Dept of revenue would like to tax something that the state or federal law does not actually permit?

Please don't forget your still a federal criminal. See what happens when you pay that tax... let us know how it works out.

I'm sure the patients who can't afford to grow their own are going to love having this added to the cost of their meds

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Well thank you. I have high quality stuff and try to keep it affordable. 225.00 a zip or 10.00 a gram.

225 a zip is a very good price for top shelf meds for patients - good for you bro

purpleberry

purpleberry

Thats very respectfull prices. Some clubs or just rip offs, I had a club try to offer $200- for top self and i was almost going to do it as the guy exsplains that they are non profit and help there members, Im like ok, and a guy walks in they pull a jar and tell him $20 a gram right in front of me. LOL I walked out

F

FatBastard

225 a zip is a very good price for top shelf meds for patients - good for you bro

Street prices in the Tacoma/Seattle are about that..

My thoughts are everythings good with state tax and no local police kicking in your shit. Which is nice. But, then the fed's still loom in the background what happens when they kick the door in.?? The state tax man just looks to the next shop to pay the toll.
There really is no protection. One would think that the sheer act of paying a state sales tax would garner some fucking protection in a federal court room. But, that remains to be seen..

I wish you luck with your issue..

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lets see what happens when our St Senate is out of special session. Heard they are addressing this issue........

F

FatBastard

Lets see what happens when our St Senate is out of special session. Heard they are addressing this issue........

I have to laugh a lil' bit.. Are state is so fucking broke. The Gov. went on the local news and said churches & the rich will have to step up to help people because the state cant..

N

nouvellechef

Only time will tell everyone. We will soon see. Dan Satterburg is on our side I can tell you that. Pay the state. Raise prices if need be. $225 is still steep when we can produce it for around $5 to $8 a oz. Keep it green and be safe.

M

mrenz999

Only time will tell everyone. We will soon see. Dan Satterburg is on our side I can tell you that. Pay the state. Raise prices if need be. $225 is still steep when we can produce it for around $5 to $8 a oz. Keep it green and be safe.

225.00 is steep ? Wow. Well everything in the world sells for more than it
takes to produce it. And I'm not sure how you figure 5.00 - 8.00 an ounce
but that seems a little low to me. Rent or mortgage for the grow area, electric bill, nutes, water, equipment. And let's pretend I don't want to work for free.

N

nouvellechef

225.00 is steep ? Wow. Well everything in the world sells for more than it
takes to produce it. And I'm not sure how you figure 5.00 - 8.00 an ounce
but that seems a little low to me. Rent or mortgage for the grow area, electric bill, nutes, water, equipment. And let's pretend I don't want to work for free.

I will break it down in full detail in the am. Heres the quickie,

.08 a killowatt, 4k watts
$75 in ammendments to cycle
3.5oz per site
mollases
water
air

I dont add in labor, because once dialed its not really that much work. I own a few restaurants and spend way more time dealing with those per day, than I do ever in the garden. I dont have a mortage and if I did, it wouldnt come into play because its unlivable space and you would need a home over your head whether you grew or not. Once dialed it really is about $5 a oz. I will snap some pics tonight and post up here, of full room. Here is a few shots from week 6, couple days ago. The big savings is recycling medium. Just add ingredients and mix. You cant factor in equipment costs each cycle. Those are like opening costs in a pro forma, they get made up over time.

You are right. It cost more to produce smke than 8.00-10.00 a gram. Maybe you can do outdoor for that but not indoor. We aren't even doing indoor this year because of the raise in our electric bill. During the summer when we grow out doors it is cheap to produce. During the summer our electric bills run about 200.00 to 250.00 a month. During the winter we have had months with over 1000.00 electric bill! There are peopel who produce crap both out door and indoor. The people who do it right should be compensated for their efforts. We place 2, 5, and 8 in the Normil Cannibis Cup Awards this year. Do you think our medicine is going to bring any more than anyone else's? I doubt it. Producing really good medicine is like a fine art. You need to be knowledgable and rally know when and how and what to do at just the right time. There are growers who produce consistatly "Top Shelf" product and they shoudl be rewared for that. Which sometimes means a higher price. Just my two cents worth.

Purrs.......Catwoman

Its all what you make of it. Agreed its like a fine art.

N

NW Puffins

hahahaha, you are not very bright Nouvellchef. It cost's me over $30 bucks every other day to fill my 20 gallon res. Youre math is way off pal.:rain

K

Kipper

Damn! That looks like some good shit buddy! Do you have any clones of that stuff available at your dispensary?

N

nouvellechef

hahahaha, you are not very bright Nouvellchef. It cost's me over $30 bucks every other day to fill my 20 gallon res. Youre math is way off pal.:rain

Srry. I dont get over to this forum much, late on reply. Easy there. Did you try and run the math and ask questions before assuming I am mistaken? I can assure you I am on point as far as financials. Run the math above and let me know what you come up with. Then post up and we can go from there. Heres a couple items to take into consideration.

1: 45 sites

2: 2k veg and 4k flower for lights

3: 8 week veg, 9 week flower

4: AC is about $90 a year

5: You cant count equipment costs, again those are like opening costs, get made up over time. That time has come and gone. But it you want to toss in a few dollars for replacement, go ahead.

6: Do your math based on one year

Think thats it. Again, be polite and just ask questions. I will answer the best I can. I subbed to thread so I will know. Thanx

Top Bottom