Design help!

• Thread starter sizzahash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sizzahash

whatz up farmer,s.. i got A QUICK QUESTION my boy just bought a 3 tentant house..HE LIVES ON FIRST FLOOR ...AND 2ND AND THIRD..R EMPTY..HE WANTS 2 START FARMING...HOW MANY 1000W..COULD HE PUT IN A 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT...ON 2ND...FLOOR..WITH JUST THE PLANTS LIVING THERE WITHOUT BEIN SUSPECT 2 THE ELECTRIC COMPANY...THIRD FLOOR IS A 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT...HE WANTS 2 DO BOTH.. FLOORS..IM THINKIN ...2-1000 ON THIRD FLOOR 4 VEG...AND 4- 1000 ON SECOND 4 FLOWER......ANY IDEA'S WILL B KOOL...THANK'Z FARMER'Z...

M

metameric

Premium Member
Supporter
FWIW: I had a few friends who were pulling 7000w constantly out of a tiny ranch for over a year, w/no problems. They just made sure they paid their bills on time.

As far as wattage, how many clones are you planning on taking? For veg, I would wire up a bunch of 400w fixtures (pref ceramic metal halides work great) I use 1 per 3x3ft space and they produce STRONG mothers. Best light coverage. Use T5s for clones and you should be able to cut and house >600 clones w/under 2000w.

For Flower 2000on/2000off along with the fans and a/c should run you about 3000w constant. I would wire up some relays that flip power from one room's lights to the next so there is no power spike when the timers go out of sync.

~2-3Kw constant in the end is fairly safe. The bills will probably be around $250 a month. I would put that in the yellow zone.

Just be 100% with your carbon filters and smells.

-meta

Top Bottom