design ideas in 8x8 growlab gl240

• Thread starter lurch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lurch

hey farmers whats up? planning my 1st vert lighting setup & have a few questions. well heres what im looking at: 8x8 growlab gl240, joist height in basement is 6'8" so im limited on what tents i can choose from. 5-600watters 4 plants. i think 1k lights would be too much. exhaust is 2-8"(538cfm) s&p inline fans w/ 2 8x24 phat filters. well w/ that being said i really need to know what the light foot print of a vert 600w bulb is? would it still be @ 3x3 for a horizonal?

thanks for the replies. trying to get everything designed so once i get the go ahead i just have to order & wait impatiently.

R

Rolln J

you gonna do big hempy style or rdwc? Im very interested in seeing what 5x600 can do in a vert setup...

I would think its still gonna be 3 x 3

looking forward to seeing your progress on this!

M

Mr.LovaLova

Gonna subscribe to this thread because I am gonna setup a new flowering chamber at the end of febuary and am very interested in the vert setup...

L

lurch

you gonna do big hempy style or rdwc? Im very interested in seeing what 5x600 can do in a vert setup...

I would think its still gonna be 3 x 3

looking forward to seeing your progress on this!

thanks rolln j i figured as much as footprint. im prolly going to do rdwc, but ive been growing in coco/perlite hempy for a lil while now so i might go this route for 1st run then rdwc from there on out.

L

lurch

Gonna subscribe to this thread because I am gonna setup a new flowering chamber at the end of febuary and am very interested in the vert setup...

lova lova thats funny youll def have yours setup b4 me...lol. im just planning right now. ill prolly be running this in spring. gotta save the cheddar. around 2500

E

easypleasie

Hey lurch, you're gonna enjoy growing vertical. It's just fun :) I had a setup in a 8x7.5 room with 2k vert lights and 4 trees in a vertical scrog. If you want to keep plant numbers down, I think it could be a good option for ya. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics :) I might go back to it as it was pretty simple to maintain and was a good yielding setup. should be much better with rdwc, mine was in coco.

T

TokinPodPilot

I've been examining the possibility of running a similar setup with the GL240 with 600W bulbs as well. One thing that I had concerns about was the limited square footage and the distance the light could be from the plants before possibly burning them. I pretty much figured that I'm going to need a split a/c with the air handler inside the tent itself. I currently have plants in the tent under 2 x 600W in air-cooled hoods and the ambient temps are still hitting close to 77 just from radiant heat. With 150% more in lighting, the heat in there will definitely be out of bounds without A/C.

L

lurch

thanks for the info easy. yeah ive done scrog several times & however it def maximizes i just dont like the bobbin & weavin. prolly will still do scrog just not for awhile.

tpp thanks for the heads up on heat issue. sat down last night & drew it up. corner lights are going to be 2' in from each side & one in the middle(5 lights in an "x" 4 plants). this allows me to have plants @ 3 sq ft footprint in the sweet spot of the light. i know it looks good on paper, but we also know how that works out alot of the time. on your heat issues are you cooling just lights or are you pulling tent air through light & then outside? what size fan(s) are you useing? w/ my fans ill be turning the air just under 3x's a minute & my basement temp is 65 @ highest ever. i know that this will be going up adding another 3k of light, but shouldnt go up that much.

L

lurch

not enough posts for pm. bad rule

Hey lurch, you're gonna enjoy growing vertical. It's just fun :) I had a setup in a 8x7.5 room with 2k vert lights and 4 trees in a vertical scrog. If you want to keep plant numbers down, I think it could be a good option for ya. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics :) I might go back to it as it was pretty simple to maintain and was a good yielding setup. should be much better with rdwc, mine was in coco.

hey there easy whats up? im loving this site. forum for vert lighting is what got me to my new mj forum home. still gotta visit old friends, but am trying to bring the best of em over here. anyhow back to topic. im planning on 4 3' bush style plants & 5-600w in typical "x" formation. wanna achieve 12oz per. would like a bow each but wanna be realistic. think thats fesible? im doing coco hempies for now as ive run these several times & believe that they come real close to dwc. id love to see pics of ur setup in action w/ scrog. plz send me in the right direction.

E

easypleasie

Hey bro, I posted these pics recently in another thread for another member. Didn't wanna do it twice so here's a link for ya to take a look.

I think you'll do just fine with that light configuration with 600s. Once dialed, you should be able to get those yields. And keeping them short bushes will help with the light coverage. I was gonna try the same thing at one point but moved on to the 1ks instead. I can pull 2 lb per light with 2k and 4 girls. And that was in coco, no a/c, no co2 and didn't really know what I was doing lol Lots more potential for sure.

The pm rule can be a pain when you are new but it's a safety feature setup to help keep the kiddies from bombarding members as soon as they sign up. It doesn't take long to get 50 posts so usually not a biggie. Just enter a few conversations and you're there before you know it.

true grit

true grit

Nice, would like to see this in action!! I've been looking at those 8x8 and 9x9 tents for a hot minute now, but I'm thinking about tossin in 4 Magnum XXXL hoods with 1k's and running some big girls under those.

Top Bottom