Designing 1st Room. Your opnion is very important! Please help :)

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hi Farmers,
How are you doing today? I want to thank you for stopping by.
I will be building my second room & I'm very confused about the right equipment to be used, and the size I have available now, as my 1st one didn't work well.
I have a space available on the 3rd floor of my house of 3FT 1/2 X 3FT 1/2 X 6FT 1/2.
My 1st doubt is to decide how much Watts I should use; 600W or 1000W? My concern about using 1000W is the height of my tent, which is also the roof of the house, so in hot days the temperature would increase drastically, but, could it be solved with a portable AC? Do you think it would worth to use even having a small room?
My 2nd doubt is about the light reflectors to be used. I really wanted to get the Sunlight Magnum XXXL 6" because many farmers has had good results, but the dimensions of it is almost the same as my room; so my question is, should I use anyways or get something else? What do you recommend? For example one of the Sunleaves. The guy from the hydro store was trying to convince me to get it.
The system I have is the Under Current 8 buckets, but as I don't have enough space I will use only 4.
The manufacture recommends to use a water chiller, I don't have one yet, Do I must run this system with it? If I don't, what could possible happen or, what could I temporally use?
Thank you again for your advice & God bless us!
Peace .'.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Also, I will start with 4 plants & next time I will use their Double Lids 5.5" which I already bought so I can grow 8 plants. If I run with 600W would not be enough light?
The strains I will be growing are:
Morning Glory/Barney's Farm
Super Haze/Dutch Passion
Warlock/Magus Genetics
Thanks again.

M

Medicalneeds

I now how hard it is to get replies at times ? Im no expert by any means but heres my opinion. I ran a closet grow last run that was 3ft x 6 x 8 and ran a vented sealed hood and 2 plants . I was able to keep temps down with the vented hood but without it temps soared. I think you may find growing with a undercurrent system in a small space will be difficult. I think a smaller reflector will be fine in your situation because of the narrow space. You want a narrow reflector to keep the light focused on your 3.5 foot area and not force it to the walls. A chiller from what i have read is a must especially in a closet grow due to heat. You want to keep your res below 70 or roots will suffer. I ran some bubblers in my closet and pulled 1/2 lb with a long veg. Bubblers are basically a buckket with a air stone and maintaining a water level. Another option you may consider are some coco coir buckets . At the very least you will need a cooled hood to pull cold air from outside through the sealed hood and exhaust the hot air away from your room. Just some suggestions ! I want to run undercurrent also but chiller, mini split ac , co2 and pumps start to add up. the nice thing about bubblers or coco is you can be gone for days and not have to worry about a flood in the room ! Good luck with your grow !

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hey Medicalneeds,
Thanks for you reply!
I've been reading many threads but I haven't found the answers that I need and, it seems like people here give more attention to the threads with big system :(
Were you running a 600W or 1000W? For sure I will need a chiller as I have read so many posts with the same question, the manufacture also recommend. Did you have AC in your room?
Thanks for you reply.

M

Medicalneeds

I was running a 600 with a sealed hood with no ac . It will help if you can get your balast outside the room and also your reservoir. Im going to run my ballast in the attic this time . If you have an area outside for your room to put the reservoir and plumb it through the wall. Also google h2o2 peroxide in reservoir. I havnt done it but read that if your res temps are high h2o2 is very beneficial. What nutes you running ? I want to run a recirculating system eventually. I want to put a floor pan in with a drain just incase of a flood. Make sure your drains are clear of roots weekly.

G

GreenForrest

Hello jungle, I will tell you what I would do if I was in your shoes. I would get a 1000w light setup with a cheap non air cooled hood and get a a/c, usually rule of thumb is 4000btu's for every 1000watts, but in you situation I would double or maybe even triple that. Now you are going to need to replenish your co2 in your room, best thing would be getting a bottled co2 setup. You can have a fan pull air into your room,and a slightly larger fan pulling air out, but unless you are pulling cold air from outside you are working against yourself. Plus the benefits from being able to control your plants co2 is one of the best benefits of indoor gardening. Also if you can keep your room between 70 and 75 degrees you should not have to use a water chiller, just change your nuits out once or twice a week. But if you have to ice will bring your temps down just remember to put it in a turkey bag so when it melts it does not mess with your nuits.
Hope this helps

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

OK,
me next. I say get the 1k, in the biggest air cooled hood that you can comfortably fit. Air cool it with a 6" can fan. Next get a 5k btu window mount AC unit, and run that through the side of the tent. Done deal. Way cheaper than the portable route, and will work better for ya. Also, get the chiller. It will save you from crying from root rot so much. You could probably get away with a 1/10, but if you really worry about the heat, then just go for a 1/4 hp. Bottled CO2 would be best for that setup as well. All in good time.

-TF

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

get the chiller they dont recommend something they dont sell and will make zero profit off of for nothing. you trusted them to design and produce an amazing system which you made a substantial investment in now trust them on how to properly use it.

just my $0.02

Top Bottom