Desperate! Second Time This Is Happening, Nitrogen Toxicity Or Deficiency?? Please Help

• Thread starter Jungleboogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jungleboogie

I have leaves curling down and going brown, last time this happened and it's happening again!
I've been watering them once a week or when pots are light, ph 6.5, tiny few drops of canna vega in the oldest plant and nothing in the other 2. I'm at a loss of what to do now as this happened before.
Can anyone help me?

Desperate second time this is happening nitrogen toxicity or deficiency please help
J

Jungleboogie

Could this be poor air circulation? I have a fan on but rarely open window

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have leaves curling down and going brown, last time this happened and it's happening again!
I've been watering them once a week or when pots are light, ph 6.5, tiny few drops of canna vega in the oldest plant and nothing in the other 2. I'm at a loss of what to do now as this happened before.
Can anyone help me?
Do you ph water then add nutes?

J

Jungleboogie

Do you ph water then add nutes?
No I check ph right before it goes in.
I've barely put any nute in because they're only young.
I put a few more drops in on last feed but hasn't fixed it. But surely not toxicity as I haven't added much nutes.
Could it be poor air circulation?
I feel defeated as this is second time it's happened and I can't seem to find the cause and running out of smoke!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I put a few more drops in on last feed but hasn't fixed it. But surely not toxicity as I haven't added much nutes.
I feel defeated as this is second time it's happened and I can't seem to find the cause and running out of smoke!
Could be air flow..what is your air like? burn usually starts on the outside of leaf..deficiency more inward.

J

Jungleboogie

Could be air flow..what is your air like? burn usually starts on the outside of leaf..deficiency more inward.

The air is quite dry but not hot. Not very humid.
The leaves start curling down a bit at bottom of plant then yellow with brown spots and to touch felt wet and limp, then they dry up.
I though they need nitrogen so put a tad of nute in (5ml in 2litres) but hasn't made any difference.
The light is mh 600w about 4ft away, ph 6.5-6.8 on 12/12
Super skunk autos.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

My opinion only, I'd flush with RO. Check the PH of the water before flushing, PPM will be near zero. Water very slowly. Let the first watering soak in with little to no run off. Wait an hour or so and repeat until your get enough run off to test. Check your PH and PPM in the runoff and see what your plants living in. My guess is PH will be very low causing lockout. PPM will be high. Don't know but it's a starting point to see what's going on in the soil(?) I fought something like this for a month but my plants were at week 4 of veg. I'm in coco with pearlite. Doing everything by the book. Found out my VitaGrow coco was crap. My food and water/calmag (I switch them up every feeding) was going in at 5.5 to 6.0 at 600ppm and I was draining a PH of 4.2 and a PPM of over 3000, ouch. Just a thought. Whatever is going on needs to be addressed. Your new growth is starting to show the same symptoms.

J

Jungleboogie

My opinion only, I'd flush with RO. Check the PH of the water before flushing, PPM will be near zero. Water very slowly. Let the first watering soak in with little to no run off. Wait an hour or so and repeat until your get enough run off to test. Check your PH and PPM in the runoff and see what your plants living in. My guess is PH will be very low causing lockout. PPM will be high. Don't know but it's a starting point to see what's going on in the soil(?) I fought something like this for a month but my plants were at week 4 of veg. I'm in coco with pearlite. Doing everything by the book. Found out my VitaGrow coco was crap. My food and water/calmag (I switch them up every feeding) was going in at 5.5 to 6.0 at 600ppm and I was draining a PH of 4.2 and a PPM of over 3000, ouch. Just a thought. Whatever is going on needs to be addressed. Your new growth is starting to show the same symptoms.

Buy RO water? I'm literally just using soil, ph pen , planning on using a small amount of nutes and light with fan. Nothing too technical, I managed 2 harvests, one being quite rewarding and getting 4 1/2 ounces from 3 autos. Now I can't seem to get off the ground.

Could I get away with flushing with distilled water?

Thanks for all of your input btw @GT21 @MGG Nubie

J

Jungleboogie

I've just gone in at 5.8 ph and the run off was 7.5! So it is lockout?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Buy RO water? I'm literally just using soil, ph pen , planning on using a small amount of nutes and light with fan. Nothing too technical, I managed 2 harvests, one being quite rewarding and getting 4 1/2 ounces from 3 autos. Now I can't seem to get off the ground.
The reason for the flush is to see what's going on in your soil. I don't think it's a external thing happening. PH your water. Flush slowly to achieve minimal run off. Check the PH of the runoff. I think your going to see a possibility for nutrient lockout. A PPM meter is really needed for any grow. Keeping your food and water at optimal levels can only be good. I doubled my harvest and had very few growing issues the first grow I started using meters to keep my plants in the "sweet zone". Right now your not knowing if your giving to much or not enough. The runoff holds the secrets of your plants environment. It's hard to correct issues if you don't know were to start. Give it more food? Less food? Flush the salts out? The runoff holds the answers.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I've just gone in at 5.8 ph and the run off was 7.5! So it is lockout?
Lock out starts a 7.5. It can't take in key nutrients needed for healthy growth. As fast as you did it your PH is likely much higher than that. A very slow drainage is the key to capture the salts locked in the soil. But at least you have a direction to go now. Peace and good luck on your grow.

J

Jungleboogie

Thank you for this, I have found my run off to be far too high ph.
Flushed through about 6 litres of water at 5.8-6. Hope that will help. I will look at getting a ppm meter! Thanks again

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Thank you for this, I have found my run off to be far too high ph.
Flushed through about 6 litres of water at 5.8-6. Hope that will help. I will look at getting a ppm meter! Thanks again
Don't push for an instant PH drop. You need to bring it down slowly. Slow washes with about a 25% return every flush. It took me 3 days to come from a 7.5 to a 5.5 in coco and pearlite. These hybrid seeds now days are pussies. To much cross breeding in my humble opinion of coarse. It just seems there's more and more grows that flip to boy just because they got to cold or the light schedule gets Fu barbed or some type of trauma. Keep the PH in check and feed accordingly. If the PH is optimal your plants healthy and enjoying all the food provided. Not being starved by the root systems inability to uptake the num nums and eating the food stored in the leaves. These strains now days can be a handful to lock in a feeding schedule, amounts and such. But that's why I love my coco. A mistake is detected faster and corrected faster. But a pain to maintain. It's all about the love of the girls. Pease and success in your grow.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

Could I get away with flushing with distilled water?

Thanks for all of your input btw @GT21 @MGG Nubie
You using new soil every grow or reusing

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

You using new soil every grow or reusing
Very good point. (Not knowing your soil) If your using pre-fortified soil, don't add any food for at least a month watching the girls for needs. And I have reused some miracle gro soil some summers back and that was a very bad mistake. PPMs and PH were off the scale. Could never recover and ended the grow. Peace.

S

Shawnery

Considering the plant is so young couldn't the fact that he stated it was, dry and not humid, be an attributing to this issue?

I know when I allowed mine to get way to high or way to low I saw similar issues.

Top Bottom