Determining sex of plant

• Thread starter JBloomers123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Hi, will a hermaphrodite have pistils? I’ve got a plant that seems to only want to stretch up in growth in the flowering stage - the buds look like they want to develop but don’t. The pistils are small / tough to see but they’re there. Makes me wonder if I’ve got a tweener...? You know, a hermie.

Coming up on 4 weeks of an 8-9 week cycle. Seems to me it should be further along.

Thanking u in advance fir your thoughts / experiences.

zzzybil

zzzybil

If you're not seeing bananas or are you ? sounds like it's transitioning to flower and stretching - normal - just not filling out fast and dense as you'd like............ patience grasshopper

My answer would be yes a hermie has female flowers with pistils and then grows male parts ie ''bananas'' imo by weak genetics or operator error. also i understand most any can herm at over ripe stage ? and some are genetically predisposed to hermie.- it's a self preservation trait.

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Hi, will a hermaphrodite have pistils? I’ve got a plant that seems to only want to stretch up in growth in the flowering stage - the buds look like they want to develop but don’t. The pistils are small / tough to see but they’re there. Makes me wonder if I’ve got a tweener...? You know, a hermie.

Coming up on 4 weeks of an 8-9 week cycle. Seems to me it should be further along.

Thanking u in advance fir your thoughts / experiences.

Thanks Zzz very helpful, it is a new strain - Creamsicle OG - and it is possible I tried to flower it too fast. In all the years of growing I never had a plant take this long to develop buds. Which is why I think it’s s hermie. No bananas.

Top Bottom