Detroit Nutrients Company water only soil

• Thread starter TonyMac2020
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

Can't find much info on this stuff but what I did see is to NOT water it until runoff. I just potted up to a 5 gallon and used it. At this point I'm watering about half gallon or less every other day. Anyone got the science on this stuff?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can't find much info on this stuff but what I did see is to NOT water it until runoff. I just potted up to a 5 gallon and used it. At this point I'm watering about half gallon or less every other day. Anyone got the science on this stuff?
Sounds like an organic soil... watering to runoff will wash available nutrients out of the soil. Try to keep it between 30-60% saturated. Likely a little more prone to over watering so be careful of that. Some of the organic guys could lrob give you and idea on watering.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I ran the organic half of my room with this stuff for a long time and it's fantastic. If you get a chance to use it as a super soil, do it!

First of all, it is composted cow manure based formula. This gives a healthy mix of beneficials right off the bat. It's very clean and won't introduce fungus gnats. It has biostimulants for fantastic quality product. The nutrients are balanced and you get a nice fade by the end. To recharge it between grows, you just add DNC worm castings, which is a low sand and salt high humate worm casting.

As far as watering, you just need to keep the growing medium saturated between dry downs. You don't want to wash out that goodness. If you have heavy feeders, make a tea out of more water only soil in pantyhose, top dress with fresh product or DNC worm castings. It's an easy all-in-one product.

The owner, Tommy LOVES customers and is very responsive to their needs. I would recommend this product for anyone looking into living soil.

Last edited:
TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

@BillFarthing thanks for the info. I see how fast it's drying in my environment so I do 1 good water every 3 days and keep the soil moist with 1 8 oz sized bottle of water the days subsequent. I honestly feel this soil balanced my plant out cuz it was showing deficiencies until I repotted her in this stuff

IMG 20210422 131541854
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
GLWO is easy to manage the water content. Just lift or kick the pot- If it is light is when you water. If it is drying out too quickly for your liking, transplant to a bigger pot.

TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

This stuff isn't bad at all for a first time grow. I do have a question now that I'm 4 days into flower. If the plant has less need for nitrogen and more need for other (at least potassium and phosphorus) how do I supplement that without running into a nutrient lockout?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
This stuff isn't bad at all for a first time grow. I do have a question now that I'm 4 days into flower. If the plant has less need for nitrogen and more need for other (at least potassium and phosphorus) how do I supplement that without running into a nutrient lockout?
Growing organic lets the inputs break down and the plant takes what it needs. If you gently want to bump any nutrients make a tea with the required inputs. High P guano and kelp is a great transition/flower tea.

Top Bottom