Dew at night and rainy season, question…

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

So my girls seem to be in week 5-7 of flower and now we’ve hit the dreaded Northeastern fall weather.
Our nights are down to upper 50’s and days in the low to upper 70’s. Every morning has heavy dew and the rains have come.
I’m dreadfully worried about bud rot and PM. They’re so big I’m paranoid I won’t spot it till it’s to late.
I have my lovely lady’s on pallets and have a pallet Jack in my garage.
So, should i bring them in the garage at night and take out in the morning?
Should I leave in the garage all day if it’s gonna rain hard?
They won’t get sun but they’ll stay dry?
I work all day so tenting and un-tenting when rain comes will be difficult….
How do you guys deal with this time of year, especially anyone in the Upper Northeast??
Thank you all in advance, this is my first grow and am sure I would have fallen on my face without the help of y’all!
Dew at night and rainy season question
Dew at night and rainy season question 2
Dew at night and rainy season question 3

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Upper North East has similar weather to Mid Michigan. You've correctly identified that when night time temps consistently fall below the dew point, problems can set in. As for what to do? It starts with a preventative maintenance program well before you hit flowering. There's a variety of products you can use prior to flowering. Once you're in flowering, the choices dwindle. You don't want to use anything with Neem oil in it. I use OMRI approved pesticides ... I picked up a bottle of "Flying Nuke em Skull - OMRI approved - on recommendation from the manager at my local HTG Supply store. I also use Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide but both these products work best as a preventative.

Unless your plants are already on wheels, moving them can be anywhere from a hassle to near impossible. The other thing is garages without heat still can have high RH. You also need light to finish the plant. While you can move them, its a lot to take on unless you thought about this in the spring time and put the plants on wagons or utility trailers.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I'm central Massachusetts, we have been consistent with mid to lower 50s every night except a few nights it dropped to the high 40s. Every morning I take my cordless leaf blower and give my trees a blow dry and shake them to make sure I get as much dew/rain off. My girls are in ground so I can't move them. I used Neem oil in the early stages of flower but haven't used it since week 2 of flower (I know big nono). I only had two bud rot issues but I caught it very early. Depending on how big yours is putting on garage at night and bring them out in the morning might be your best option. I know it's extra work but if it saves your hard work then harvest will be much more satisfying. And if you find bud rot early, snip the infected area carefully so not to spread the spores and treat the infected area with a peroxide solution and shake off the excess solution after 5 minute. Hope this helps and good luck.

Homesteader

Homesteader

For sure. If you can get them under cover when it rains that will help big time. The dew shouldn't be as much of a problem provided they are able to dry out by 10 am or so.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

For sure. If you can get them under cover when it rains that will help big time. The dew shouldn't be as much of a problem provided they are able to dry out by 10 am or so.
That's a big if in Michigan during the fall. The abundance of cloudy days means a lot of the moisture never completely evaporates. This is especially true if the plant is very dense.

GasFactory

GasFactory

one thing i do with my outdoors in the north east is go out each morning and shake off the plants.. just grab em by the stem and give em a little jostle back and forth to knock off the dew. kind of like a dog shaking out its coat.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If you have the ability to move pallets into garage during rains, definitely do it. I’ve kept a 6 footer on wheeled drip tray in my garage for two days during rains. I wouldn’t bother for avoiding normal dew however.

97DF0983 944D 47EF 9429 B8FD5A8D715C
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

There's a lot of good responses here in this thread ... I especially like the use of a leaf blower to dry off plants. I don't see this mentioned as often as it should be ... great idea @Southernuncle21

K

Kopper1013

Thanks y’all, I have another thread going cause after I posted this I spotted the WPM 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
But everyone help me with a solid plan to move forward and try to get it under control.
We’ve had some messed up weather recently and my neighbors girls are too to bottom white with this stuff. He moved them every day on a four wheeler and I can’t help but wonder if the shacking put the spores air born to mine….any ways time to attack. I’ll plan to move them in at night with the pallet Jack and leave the garage open for circulation

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Flying Skull - Nuke Em if you can find it. I bought mine at my local HTG Supply store. It's worth looking to see if you can purchase the product locally in your area.

It looks like you did fine moving the girls. Glad you made it happen.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

One thing ...

About Nuke Em, it's mode of action is to acidify the leaves to create a hostile environment. It uses a "soap" so it doesn't bead up and roll off the leaves. Potassium bicarbonate's mode of action is the opposite ... It raises pH of the leaves to create a hostile environment.

Consider using an H2O2 spray prior to using Nuke Em to rinse off a lot of the Potassium bicarbonate. Remember what happens when you mix an acid with a base? Minimize this potential outcome with the H2O2 in between.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I had a fella at a hydroponic store. Recommend this concentrate for pests and mold. He said you can use it up to 3 days before harvest. He said he swears by it that it's more known for pest control, but it does help control PM and bud rot. I haven't personally used it. It's a little pricey but if you could find this product and if you was to ever try it, please let me know if it does work help control PM and pests safely on flower.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I had a fella at a hydroponic store. Recommend this concentrate for pests and mold. He said you can use it up to 3 days before harvest. He said he swears by it that it's more known for pest control, but it does help control PM and bud rot. I haven't personally used it. It's a little pricey but if you could find this product and if you was to ever try it, please let me know if it does work help control PM and pests safely on flower.
Stupid photo won't upload sorry.

K

Kopper1013

Are you referring to this?

9152BACA EE9A 4E64 819D CBC5F73CFA49

We’re discussing it in another forum and it sounds like a great product!

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Are you referring to this?

View attachment 1280690
We’re discussing it in another forum and it sounds like a great product!
Yes, The picture I had wouldn't upload. That's exactly the stuff that was recommended to me at the hydroponics shop. I just don't have the money for it right now. One small bottle of concentrate is like 25 bucks. It only makes like 2 gallons.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It's called trifects pest control. My understanding it's carried in a lot of hydroponic stores and you can find it online
Only Trifecta seems to stuck in the supply chain somewhere. Sourcing it right now in my area is near impossible. Expected back on the shelf at the end of the month ... when the growing season is mostly wrapped up.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Only Trifecta seems to stuck in the supply chain somewhere. Sourcing it right now in my area is near impossible. Expected back on the shelf at the end of the month ... when the growing season is mostly wrapped up.
Can you not order online? I know next season imma stock up on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom