Diagnosing my plant

• Thread starter Hamilton44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hamilton44

Hamilton44

Hello

I have noticed that the leaves on one of my plats have a slight color change to them. I am using regular pre fertilized soil and it's pretty "thick" so it holds the water very well. I had to wait a week for it to become completely dry, so might this be the case?

The plants have a steady 23 °Celsius at around 60% RH.

The change is barely visable, should I be worried?

Diagnosing my plant
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
can we see top side of leaf please . Looks low in N .

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

I an not sure what you mean by topside? Thanks for the help dude

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

Is this helpfull?

I have included a picture of the soil. The plant is in a 2 gallon(8 liter) pot.
I just gave them a lot to drink today without nutrients hoping that the water would "release" some nutrients.

It's better to give them too little nutrients rather than too much right?
Pay attention to the "first" leaf, it has turned yellow.

20200502 025531
20200502 025449
20200502 025414
20200502 025358
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Is this helpfull?

I have included a picture of the soil. The plant is in a 2 gallon(8 liter) pot.
I just gave them a lot to drink today without nutrients hoping that the water would "release" some nutrients.

It's better to give them too little nutrients rather than too much right?
Pay attention to the "first" leaf, it has turned yellow.
They look fine to me , do you keep your pots/ bags up off floor of tent having better drainage is a good start to a healthy plant .

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

I am using some volcanic stone like things I got at the local agriculture shop. I have now switched the soil to something that is a lot more fluffy. Two of my plants didn't survive the switch. But the soil which it was in was way too dense and they dint get any air. For my next grow I will be using a mix of Coco 70% Fertilized soil 10% unfertilized soil 10% and 10% perlite.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I am using some volcanic stone like things I got at the local agriculture shop. I have now switched the soil to something that is a lot more fluffy. Two of my plants didn't survive the switch. But the soil which it was in was way too dense and they dint get any air. For my next grow I will be using a mix of Coco 70% Fertilized soil 10% unfertilized soil 10% and 10% perlite.
You will need more perlite or you mix will end up the same heavy n dense 30 % perlite will keep it well drained just my 2 cents .

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I think you are ok, like someone said you do need better drainage so adding perlite will help , not feeding for over a week is not ideal for a photo period plant. So providing good drainage and allowing media to slightly dry is ideal for the root zone expansion, when it’s too wet the roots don’t need to search for food or water, subsequently it only gets water and doesn’t really get j to the goodness the soil can provide. The bigger the root mass the bigger the tree! So allowing it to dry forces roots to search out for water, it also inadvertently gets into “virgin” areas of soil where nutrients are more available. So let’s add some perlite and Elevate the pot using a spacer disk, to allow for runoff, and remove all runoff , add a fan to blow air along the base of the plant to help it dry off. All of which Inturn helps you make some damn good medicine!!

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

Hello Jack, I didn't notice your reply until now. Thanks a lot the plant is doing good :) I posted another thread about the current status.

Top Bottom