diagnosis assistance please, yellow on leaves between veins.

• Thread starter retiredrob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

retiredrob

Looking for help. I tried looking at the charts and pictures, but getting confused reviewing them. The particulars are below. thanks for looking.

20220501_093406.jpg

Started from seed - critical mass autoflower
Plants are 9 weeks old
very short plants
5 gallon cloth container, did not compress soil only about 8 inches deep
fox farm ocean forest soil
watered every 3 days or so. tap water from a pitcher left out for at least 24 hours
ph of the water is around 7.0
cal mag and 321 tomato fertilizer - very small amount 1/8 tsp each in pitcher of water every other watering
not spray on the plants
one spider farmer sf 1000 light at 50 percent
plants are about 24 inches away from the top of the plant
2x2x5 tent
78 degrees F, 35% humidity
not sure of soil ph
have not noticed any insect activity
First attempt using seed, one previous grow from clone.

HighRootz

HighRootz

Looks like Iron deficiency or possibly Zinc due to higher PH levels. I could be mistaken but I think Iron gets locked out when PH is around 7

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Depending on your tap water, you probably don't need calmag. Are you adjusting the pH of you water before giving it to the plants? How are you measuring pH? PH fluctuations can cause the interveinal damage you see. Do you water to runoff? You are adding salts to your soil, you should be watering to 10-20% runoff to remove unused nutrients.

R

retiredrob

Depending on your tap water, you probably don't need calmag. Are you adjusting the pH of you water before giving it to the plants? How are you measuring pH? PH fluctuations can cause the interveinal damage you see. Do you water to runoff? You are adding salts to your soil, you should be watering to 10-20% runoff to remove unused nutrients.
I have not been adjusting/testing the pH lateley. When I do test, I use test drops comparing to a color chart. I do water to runoff. From this point forward, I will test and adjust pH of the water to 6-6.5 before watering.

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Careful. There is a key difference between what's pictured in @retiredrob's pictures and the magnesium deficiency pictures above. Note how in the pictures of the magnesium deficiency the discoloration extends all the way to the edge of the leaf, or the margin. But @retiredrob's pictures show discoloration not extending to the margins and remaining only in the lamina.

Leaf identification

Here is another picture showing symptoms thought to be due to PH flucations. Again, note how discoloration extends not from margin to vein. But from vein to margin. Staying mostly in the lamina part of the leaf.

Incorrect ph cannabis

I agree with those who suspect this is due to PH fluctuations. Likely on the high end. I used tap water for over 8 months without problems. Then at some point, the PH rose and it started giving me problems. I've been using Hades Down from Nectar For The Gods and it's helped balance things. I also started inoculating everything to increase my microbe populations. Currently having luck with Dynamyco and Oregonism XL from Aurora Innovations. It has helped with some of the sensitivity I experienced in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom