Diagnosis Help

• Thread starter gr0wC0d3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gr0wC0d3

I am having some issues with my plants (i need to know what the problems are & suggestions of solutions) here is some background:
Outdoor - greenhouse,
Fan blowing 24/7,
low humidity,
gets very hot during day,
past week only 8 hours of sunlight per day rest is in shade (moved now),
occasional flying insects in greenhouse (i kill them when i see them),
soil has very low PH (run off is always much lower than put in),
water via pot (no spray, no bottom feeding (sucking up)),
1 in flower, other 2 still in veg,
all same strain; an auto flower,
for veg giving them all these nutes that have n-p-k : 10.6 - 1.9 - 1.4.
Only just got flowering nutes so until now flowering 1 has been on only water since veg stopped.
1 Previous mite infestation but sorted it & none of these problems were present back then.

Issue 1 :
very light green leaves im guessing this is ok & is just new growth but not 100% as it has a slight yellow in it.
Diagnosis help
Diagnosis help 2
Diagnosis help 3
Diagnosis help 4

Diagnosis help 5

Issue 2:
White residue/stain on leaves; now ive tried too wipe bits off & it takes some doing to get off, so its not very wet or liquidy.
Diagnosis help 6
Diagnosis help 7
Diagnosis help 8

Issue 3: Yellow spots on leaves; im guessing this is some insect/mite problem however i haven't seen any on the plant.
Diagnosis help 9
Diagnosis help 10

Bud Q: this isn't so much an issue, im more curious as to when i should harvest & how long they look like they have left?
Will they get bigger? Will those white hair looking things curl inwoods & form a proper bud?
When should i harvest? when just over half of those white things have turned orange?
Diagnosis help 11
Diagnosis help 12
Diagnosis help 13
Diagnosis help 14

I chopped the top bud off as most of the hairs turned orange i now rekon this was a mistake.

Issue 4: is this sun burnt or a different issue?
Diagnosis help 15

Final Q:
Its an auto flower & for the one flowering is it worth chopping big fan leaves off so more light can get to the buds or will this cause the plant to stress too much & thus make it pointless?

Any help with any of them would be appreciated,
Cheers Gr0wC0d3

Pisces

Pisces

The white spots are most likely from foliar spraying during lights on or during the day when out in the sun.

The chlorotic leaves are most likely from calcium deficiency.

You chopped a bud off the plant?

What was your reasoning behind this?

G

gr0wC0d3

impatience & not good prior re-search; some of those white things on the bud turned orange & started curling, i thought it was dying & i was going to be away for a few days so figured better to take it (& test the bud) than let it die; but after reading since it seems that is part of the process.
I don't spray the plants with anything & always water in the pots as the sun is going down.

What are you referring to with chlorotic leaves? Issue 1? & how do i fix it; feed it nutes with lots of calcium in?

Cheers for the reply,
Gr0wC0d3

burn4me

burn4me

im a noob myself so ill do my best to relay info that was given to me.

if PH is a problem then PH needs dealt with. that may be reasoning behind other problems. and how long has the 1 been in flower? them pics only look a couple weeks in.
id start with PH test soil. then correct if needed (which seems to be the case) then go from there. i agree with Pisces on Ca. good luck and positive vibes being sent your way.

G

gr0wC0d3

Its been in flower for about 2 or 3 weeks & the seedbank claimed 8 weeks from germination to harvest; im not going by this anymore as its now week 9.
As for the PH soil test could you recommended a good cheap one? Im on a budget & have already overspent :S

Cheers for the reply,
Gr0wC0d3

burn4me

burn4me

The white spots are most likely from foliar spraying during lights on or during the day when out in the sun.

The chlorotic leaves are most likely from calcium deficiency.

You chopped a bud off the plant?

What was your reasoning behind this?
^^^^and listen to this guy. he knows some things about some things. good luck

G

gr0wC0d3

Will do & cheers again; will have a look on amazon for a similar one as not in US.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, DON'T chase numbers. Use your powers of observation before you start chasing numbers.

Perform a slurry test instead of run-off so that you'll really know what's going on *in* the root zone (Google it, super easy).

The white stuff on the edges of the leaves has to do with a process of transpiration when temps get high and the plant begins to "sweat" (there's a term for it, I cannot recall it) on the leaf margins.

I see no signs of a Ca- or any other deficiency or imbalance. I can see the damage from the mites, looks like you got on it and got it under control.

The mottling on the new leaves is something I haven't seen before, I would watch that to see whether or not they grow out of it and color up normally.

Since the plant is still putting on a bunch of new tissue, I would expect it to grow over the bit of the bud you cut off. No harm, no foul.

G

gr0wC0d3

Thank you i will have a search for the slurry test & try it later.
I have checked on them again today & 1 seems to of got significantly worse; the yellow has come on alot & the other its still noticeable.
This is in more than one spot but at the end of the stems (newer growth).
These are both of the ones in veg (1 looks as if its close to flowering) & its worse on the one that doesn't have pre-flowers.
The one currently budding didn't have this issue & as they have had the same nutes im guessing it is a ph problem causing lockout of some chemicals/nutes but im just pi****g in the wind :)
Im going to flush them later to see if that helps.

Very bad
IMAG0178
IMAG0179
IMAG0180

IMAG0182
Zzz

Not so bad
Not as

I will check your chart again (i dont want my babies to die :p )

G

gr0wC0d3

What are the chances of dog wee causing this?
I have just started flushing & the water coming out is distinctly yellow reeking of wee.. :S

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you i will have a search for the slurry test & try it later.
I have checked on them again today & 1 seems to of got significantly worse; the yellow has come on alot & the other its still noticeable.
This is in more than one spot but at the end of the stems (newer growth).
These are both of the ones in veg (1 looks as if its close to flowering) & its worse on the one that doesn't have pre-flowers.
The one currently budding didn't have this issue & as they have had the same nutes im guessing it is a ph problem causing lockout of some chemicals/nutes but im just pi****g in the wind :)
Im going to flush them later to see if that helps.

Very bad
View attachment 412925 View attachment 412926 View attachment 412927
View attachment 412928 View attachment 412929

Not so bad
View attachment 412930

I will check your chart again (i dont want my babies to die :p )
That looks very odd to me. I've never seen it before, like I said, and damn if I can figure out what it is. The appearance is rather uneven, but then I see a leaf down below the tops that has a green halo around yellowing--again something I've never seen, but it makes me think of disease. That said, I don't want to make an unequivocal statement that it's disease, because it could be an immobile micronutrient.

The fact that the yellowing is occurring on the newest growth is what suggests an immobile element, IF it's an imbalance or deficiency.

m8ty

m8ty

You have a dog in the yard weeing in the pots? What kind of soil are you using and how hot are the temps?

G

gr0wC0d3

im 99% sure that it is tobacco mosaic virus.
After flushing a few times i got rid of all dog wee in soil but issues continued; now i have leaves dying, some leaves very yellow on the outside, leaves at 90 degree angle & deformed leaves.
Im still to get proper ph tester but have 1 coming along with dolomite lime as im sure ph is very low but this won't fix TMV, im still researching it but very much seems the cause.

Top Bottom