Diagnosis->>> leaf spots what's going on here with this.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Alright, tried to capture it well. Plants are on a diet of masterblend, calmag and been getting a bit of magnesium sulfate in the foliars. Otherwise seems healthy and vigorous, nice white roots popping though the 1 gallon bags.

Is it calcium def? I find it difficult to believe, but I can't doubt my eyes. Early phosphorus def? Or could this be a sign they are becoming root bound already?
File_003(1).jpeg
File_005.jpeg
File_000(7).jpeg
File_001(4).jpeg
File_004(1).jpeg

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Could be. I wouldn't worry about it though. You could grab some gypsum and top dress a bit.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Could be. I wouldn't worry about it though. You could grab some gypsum and top dress a bit.

Thanks for the response.

Top dress for calcium content? So it looks like a calcium issue too you also? Unfortunately, gypsom is one amendment I don't have. There's a fair amount of azomite (Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate) that was put in earlier. What I actually did here was raise the pH a bit to ensure a pH around 6.5 (calcium is absorbed under alkaline conditions) hit it with a bit more calcium nitrate and tad of some auxins, hormones, kelp and amino acids, (growth factors) in a mild yukka solution. Potassium Bicarbonate was used for pH balance. I'll reevaluate again 24-48 hrs.

I'm thinking it was a pH issue, TBH. Maybe a bit acidic at the roots earlier.

I also did a foliar spray above with [email protected], that contains a bit of magnesium, sulfate and traces amounts of potassium bicarbonate.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Personally, I am not a fan of adding magnesium or excessive carbonates but looking at these plants I don't see a calcium issue. Both plants look like they have the same or similar marking around the same node. I would assume the plant hiccuped or hit a dry spell.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agree with @Grownsince95 i have the same issue and have been trying to dial in my ph with the protekt (silica) and i suspect over time my root zone ph has risen. First too much ph down. Now no ph down. Guess i need to lower the amount of silica must be building up in the medium.

and it is first notice of phosphorous deficiency. Could also be cold or too wet roots. Which i think added to my problem. Its 10 degrees outside and that makes my open basement cold which cools the growroom floor more than normal.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I had a plant that started with the same spots but I was aware of the ph issues. Now the same plant is showing what looks like TMV. I'm stumped on this one. 🤷‍♂️
20210202 195816
20210202 195649
20210201 191231

It's a toofless alien auto from mephisto. And yes, I handle loose tobacco every day rolling cigarettes.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Agree with @Grownsince95 i have the same issue and have been trying to dial in my ph with the protekt (silica) and i suspect over time my root zone ph has risen. First too much ph down. Now no ph down. Guess i need to lower the amount of silica must be building up in the medium.

and it is first notice of phosphorous deficiency. Could also be cold or too wet roots. Which i think added to my problem. Its 10 degrees outside and that makes my open basement cold which cools the growroom floor more than normal.

All very real possibilities, actually. The cold has been an issue some mornings, but I have been keeping it like a hothouse for the most part. Also, I did drop the ph down to around 6 or so, seeing if I could get any benefit. I had added a bit of auxins and wanted to leave room for some nitrification. So anyhow, I gave them a mild flush and upped the pH back up to >6.5. Hit them with a light alk pH 7.5 foliar, and a bit more cal mag.

Here they are today (minus a few leafs to the cat).

File 0042
File 0016
File 0023
File 0032
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Woke up today and she's sitting in the room with a coat on, and it's like 60 degrees in here at the funny farm, so yes, the chill is likely the issue, typical winter morning.

Last edited:
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter

Absolutely agree. i have the same issue a few days ago ,(then I immediately replaced sulfuric acid with phosphoric acid)
when i used nitric acid and found that the ppm in tap water increased by 70ppm(ph 8.0 to 5.7,even if the chlorine and fluorine in the water have been completely removed)
. Later, I went back to the old method, that is, using phosphoric acid. The ppm of tap water only increased to 3ppm.
It should be due to the use of a lot of pH down and the low temperature. So far, the effect is very good

Latest posts

Top Bottom