• Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HVE

Medium : Soil
Ph : 6.7
Temp : 72-74 Fahrenheit
Nutes : generic veg/bloom fed at low strengths
Brown dead spots starting to form one some plants.. What is the problem?

Diagnosis needed please
Diagnosis needed please 2
Diagnosis needed please 3
Diagnosis needed please 4

Dr.X

Dr.X

I would say is Potassium deficiency. is only in the older leaves?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Thats 2 votes for deficiency, now I'm gonna guess why. Nutrient lockout/ some sort of blockage. Do you ever dump your waste water back on your plants? Its a common mistake many new timers make. Even if you havent I'd suggest laying off the nutes for a few days and just go straight water with 20 to 30 percent runoff or more if you've recycled your runoff in the past.

If thats the problem then it would be on all of your plants. If its just the one it could be something a lil more sinister, but we'll wait and see how things develop.

S

StonerB

I am not trying to hate but rather help I promise. All the charts and diagrams are great tools to help decorate grow-rooms and fill magazines, books , newsletters , blogs whatever. What they dont do is point out the fact that 98% of nute based problems whether its a deficiency or a build up can be solved the same way. Im not sayin they dont have a purpose but why give yourself a headache figuring out which nute is the problem if on the next page they all have the same response of FLUSH AND REFILL. If when you mix you are supplying ALL needed elements in the proper ratios and correct PH all should be fixed IF nutes were the issue to begin with. These charts bring MANY people into hydro stores with the notion that they have solved their issue by looking at a chart. The classic "I need CaMag" more often really means "I use tap water, miracle-grow, CFL lighting, and just got off the internet" At least say what kind of soil ? what kind of generic nutes? What is low strength? what is humidity? what watering schedule? Unless you are mixing your own nutrients or using a combination of different products from different lines all the work has been done for you as far as nutritional needs. From what I read and saw you are getting what you should expect. Generic products yield generic results. Before you get technical about exactly which element is out you need to get technical with what you already got to work with. You have to help us help you and giving a newbie a chart is like giving a 16 year old a ferrari it will not solve the problem but rather add confusion.

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Those diagrams helped for me when I was a beginner. I mean I also did more research over the internet and in books. Yes what you said is very true. The main fix for all of it is FLUSH AND REFILL. The op should have looked at the very first two posts in the infirmary and filled out the answer log thing.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Here is another helpful chart.
CA8012RN

Based upon this chart and the diagnosis of the condition of your plants, if your problem is PH related, you need to stop watering with vinegar. lol So obviously this isnt the problem. Flush flush flush.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I never want to be good at diagnosing problems...

if you are too good...you are having too much practice...lol..

I always fix rust spots by bumping the calmag up a touch.

. Usually plain water fixes most of my issues.......:confused:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And I learn most by my mistakes, more than by my successes.

I disagree about the visuals, I personally have found them quite a bit more helpful than is being implied here, and no, I haven't been growing for decades. I am passionate about what I do, and in every field I've undertaken for which I have a passion, I become very, very good at doing. And so I am wont to pull good information from any avenue, including charts, and will offer them to help others find solutions to their problems.

I mean, yeah, it's great to always have problem-free grows, no matter what it is, but that disqualifies more people than I can think of off the top of my head, immediately, myself included. Same with fishkeeping, mine's never always been problem-free, and that's why I've been able to help others solve their problems so well over the years.

jollycuntstable

jollycuntstable

Medium : Soil
Ph : 6.7
Temp : 72-74 Fahrenheit
Nutes : generic veg/bloom fed at low strengths
Brown dead spots starting to form one some plants.. What is the problem?

View attachment 218575View attachment 218576View attachment 218577View attachment 218578
is any leaf minor present..check carefully....6.7 ph what soil u using? ph seems to be a little high....i use ph 6.2 in soil. also if u think the nutes are causing it...adjust ph and keep on plain h2o ...if u use ozone then suggest putting ozone in grow room this will kill all bacteria n moulds ....then remove to normal position as its dangerous...;)

S

StonerB

is any leaf minor present..check carefully....6.7 ph what soil u using? ph seems to be a little high....i use ph 6.2 in soil. also if u think the nutes are causing it...adjust ph and keep on plain h2o ...if u use ozone then suggest putting ozone in grow room this will kill all bacteria n moulds ....then remove to normal position as its dangerous...;)
This is what charts cause. Do you really think a .5 difference in PH is going to make or break your grow. Leaf minor damage is seen as a "trail " caused by them burrowing through the leaf NOT spots, they dont jump into and out of leaves. Im voting environment problem such as a humidity spike during the dark when lamps shut down, if you have more than a couple of degree shift from day vs night condensation builds up during the night. OR something STUPID like putting an ozone in your grow. Ozone gens. are used on exhaust systems not IN the room. Maybe a quick little blast of like 10 min. a day but for sure dont leave it in the room it will kill your plants.

Top Bottom