Diagnosis of leaf issue

• Thread starter Kingjoshh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

I really don’t know the issue the soil is the right ph I haven’t been over feeding it. Is this from heat?

Diagnosis of leaf issue
Diagnosis of leaf issue 2
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

That's weird. We had 96F today and no damage so I haven't a clue. Come next month we'll be into the hundreds and I've never seen that. I hope someone knows.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

That's weird. We had 96F today and no damage so I haven't a clue. Come next month we'll be into the hundreds and I've never seen that. I hope someone knows.
Yeah it’s been as hot as 95 in the tent and it’s never done that idk but it’s the side closest to the heater I haven’t changed anything but I moved the heater away and gave em a good soaking so hopefully they bounce back!

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Looks kinda like a deficiency but more like something is causing tissue damage to the leaves. With it being so uniform i highly doubt its bugs. Can you post you setup info again?
4x8 tent. Co2 exhaust fan. One space heater one humidifier. 2 led lights one 265 draw and another one draws 165. Got timers and gages etc.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Looks kinda like a deficiency but more like something is causing tissue damage to the leaves. With it being so uniform i highly doubt its bugs. Can you post you setup info again?
I appreciate the help I still don’t know what the issue is and it’s getting worse lol only on this plant

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just going to point a couple things out that we can start ruling out.

Add a fan gently blowing over the plants so the leaves wiggle. Air exchange is one thing but you also need to make sure the air around the leaves is moving to replenish CO2 levels around the leaves.

Nutes are a bit on the high side but not bad. Keeping air temps 78-82 would be ideal. Humidity 60-70%. This will correct any respiration issues and also stop the plant from trying to pull to much water/nutes for a small root system. Remove any leaves resting on soil.

Ph'ing hopefully a soil guy comes in on that but you may want to test the ph going in and coming out just so you now where you stand.

Are you feeding with every watering? Again hopefully a soil guy will come in on that.

With it being older leaves I would say it could be from past issues that your just seeing now. So pay attention to changes in new growth.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Just going to point a couple things out that we can start ruling out.

Add a fan gently blowing over the plants so the leaves wiggle. Air exchange is one thing but you also need to make sure the air around the leaves is moving to replenish CO2 levels around the leaves.

Nutes are a bit on the high side but not bad. Keeping air temps 78-82 would be ideal. Humidity 60-70%. This will correct any respiration issues and also stop the plant from trying to pull to much water/nutes for a small root system. Remove any leaves resting on soil.

Ph'ing hopefully a soil guy comes in on that but you may want to test the ph going in and coming out just so you now where you stand.

Are you feeding with every watering? Again hopefully a soil guy will come in on that.

With it being older leaves I would say it could be from past issues that your just seeing now. So pay attention to changes in new growth.
No it’s definitely something I did now those leaves were fine 2 days ago no signs of anything. I’m feeding every 3rd watering.

roach

roach

Have you spilled water/fertilizer on the leaf? Or has it been overlapped by another leaf while it was very hot? in the right conditions if two leafs are on top of each other condensation can form between them and kind of boil the leaf.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Have you spilled water/fertilizer on the leaf? Or has it been overlapped by another leaf while it was very hot? in the right conditions if two leafs are on top of each other condensation can form between them and kind of boil the leaf.
They were not touching and I did not spill anything on it. But I do think it’s because of heat

roach

roach

yes, it looks very much like heat burn, if any part of the plant gets over 45 degrees celcius the enzymes inside are destroyed and that part of the plant dies

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It looks like something like that to me. Some uniform damage be it a respiration issue due to stacked leaves or resting on the soil or a problem with the leaf photosynthesising, like stomata not opening for some reason.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It looks like something like that to me. Some uniform damage be it a respiration issue due to stacked leaves or resting on the soil or a problem with the leaf photosynthesising, like stomata not opening for some reason.
Maybe those couple leaves got very warm. That will interfere with respiration. But it's doesn't really look like heat stress. But then again maybe the acute heat stress signs are different than normal heat stress?

I might test that out because I'm kinda at a loss

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes sir! But Then I changed where it was and then the same thing happens to the other side so I really think it’s just pulling water from the leaves to save itself
I think it could be due to stomata closing to protect itself. How fast did it appear?

I'm going to test this sometime this week in the middle of my light cycle on a leaf in light and in shade and see if I can reproduce it.

Wonder if the wife will notice when I steal her hairdryer and forget to put it back

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

I think it could be due to stomata closing to protect itself. How fast did it appear?

I'm going to test this sometime this week in the middle of my light cycle on a leaf in light and in shade and see if I can reproduce it.

Wonder if the wife will notice when I steal her hairdryer and forget to put it back
I really appreciate you going to the lengths to try to recreate would they recover from this? And the hair dryer would recreate it perfectly I think

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Is it just the one plant or all, and is it a different strain than the others? It could just be the genetics of a strain or a genetic misfit.
I would cut that leaf out and inspect it carefully with a magnifier for microscopic bugs, probably aren't any but I would look. Then see if any other leaves start doing that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom