Diagnosis, Please Help

• Thread starter extremis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
the thing is, i have no way to know if it's broken or accurate....i'll need to go buy stripes tomorrow and try to see if he give me an accurate reading or not
I know but what was it? Just curious

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
it varies from 5-6.5 about for soil. I just tested it and it said my tap water is at ph 5....which would be quite unlikely
Yeah get a ph pen dude or strips. Those probes are not very accurate.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

well I have to go with the Overwatering. they like water but they also like some dry conditions
i grow outdoors and in containers,once plants have been established i Always(old school grower tip given to me)
let the soil completely dry, this also makes monitoring your water use easier..belive it or not they dont mind dry. but if your soil is too wet your Drowning and suffocating your roots.. they need to breath too :-)

Madmax

Madmax

What do you use to test for iron deficiency as that is what i think the yellowing is In top pic..

Madmax

Madmax

Late Signs 4
I was rambling on in that last post so i deleted it. check these pics out.your third pic looks like iron def..the top one looks like nitrogen def ..google iron deficiency and i love growing marijuarna will b the one to look in .rob states iron def is frequent using coco coir because it lacks organic iron and contains a high amount of salt,making iron less available to the roots.
Poor drainage and too much water limits the roots from taking up iron..has recc9mendations on what to do aswell ..

E

extremis

View attachment 814518 I was rambling on in that last post so i deleted it. check these pics out.your third pic looks like iron def..the top one looks like nitrogen def ..google iron deficiency and i love growing marijuarna will b the one to look in .rob states iron def is frequent using coco coir because it lacks organic iron and contains a high amount of salt,making iron less available to the roots.
Poor drainage and too much water limits the roots from taking up iron..has recc9mendations on what to do aswell ..

Well i will go with the majority on this...poor drainage which lead to overwatering.

Thanks for your help

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Also don’t throw nutes at it. Like I said before don’t panic and don’t make any drastic changes. You have most likely locked out nutes due to the soil being too wet and the roots are not happy. Adding more nutes will not “fix” the problem. Drying them out will help. Then test the ph and report your findings.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
pH strips...take some soil, add just a bit of water, and mix the whole thing...it's no SUPER precise but it give a general idea
That is low. You have to adjust it with some more lime not sure about the ratios.
If i were you, again a newbie so take it with a grain of salt, i would flush with water phed at 6.8, until i got same ph runoff. Let it dry, then water with half strength nutes phed at 6.8 again and test the runoff. If it comes off low still, then adding some lime would help. But since you are growing organic there can be too much organic material decomposing and lowering your ph.

E

extremis

That is low. You have to adjust it with some more lime not sure about the ratios.
If i were you, again a newbie so take it with a grain of salt, i would flush with water phed at 6.8, until i got same ph runoff. Let it dry, then water with half strength nutes phed at 6.8 again and test the runoff. If it comes off low still, then adding some lime would help. But since you are growing organic there can be too much organic material decomposing and lowering your ph.

Yah that's what i thought also, i'll just use dissolved dolomite lime

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yah that's what i thought also, i'll just use dissolved dolomite lime
I suggest flushing first because you have fungi growing on your soil, there are too much material decomposing probably and just adding more lime could throw off the balance of the soil.

E

extremis

I suggest flushing first because you have fungi growing on your soil, there are too much material decomposing probably and just adding more lime could throw off the balance of the soil.

just to make sure....flushing take only the salts or everything in the soil nutriments?

Latest posts

Top Bottom