dictate the height?

• Thread starter blingisgreen23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blingisgreen23

i have a question..my buddy says you can dictate the height of a plant just by how many hours of light it gets...is he right?..could you say..take a strain that should grow 50 cm..and make it only grow 20 cm..and then force budding?..

Melvan

Melvan

Yes, you can. But not by hours of light per day, but by days straight of 24 hour light. If you want your plants to be shorter, you veg them a shorter amount of time.

If you know that you only have a certain feet of height to work with, you 24 hour veg your plants to a height that is 1/3rd of the maximum height your plant can grow in the space, top it to create multiple colas and add weight to compensate for the lack of growth. When it has grown back what you topped, kick back to 12/12.

I'm a bit ripped right now, so I hope that makes sense.

B

bastard_x

you can go from clone straight into flower but the smaller the plant structure the less the harvest. I would recommend using LST to continually bend the plant into the 20cm area as it grows. the bigger the plant structure when flipped to 12/12 the more it will produce so dont shortchange yourself on veg times.

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

There are several avenues to take in order to keep the plant short. I prefer non-additive ways, like LST suggested by Bx. Also, picking them back a couple of times will keep overall height lower. The strain is also important. If you don't have a lot of lateral space to grow, you'll also have to keep the pot (or root mass) small.

Are you thinking about the amount of space the pots/buckets/bags will take up, too?

Top Bottom