Did a bug did this?

• Thread starter Fro5ty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

All plants also have some twisted leafs here and there. I thought it was because of windburn. But this seems to be the work of a bug. I changed the water in my rdwc yesterday. Maybe it's related to that?
Did a bug did this

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
use some sticky traps around the grow area so it sticks to it when their walking around. i would hang a few around the plant too. Usually the area between the light and the plant.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That would be a fairly sizable critter if it was made by a bug, like a grasshopper or caterpillar. Caterpillars would leave a lot of evidence — plenty of local damage and caterpillar poop below it.

If it's a big critter, you will see more damage soon.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

That would be a fairly sizable critter if it was made by a bug, like a grasshopper or caterpillar. Caterpillars would leave a lot of evidence — plenty of local damage and caterpillar poop below it.

If it's a big critter, you will see more damage soon.
Could pH or a nutrition deficiency/toxicity do this kind of damage?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Could pH or a nutrition deficiency/toxicity do this kind of damage?
None that I know of. It looks like either physical damage or for some reason or another, it grew weirdly.

Monitor the situation. If nothing else happens, you don't have a giant pest stalking your grow.

• Haha
GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I had that happen on one of my plants, it was from the light making a hot spot off of the reflector...... Sometimes it burns the leaf, sometime it deforms it because of the light intensity at the edge of the leaf, so it burns it, like putting a lighter to a piece of flat paper, the edge burns before the rest of the paper will.

In my opinion......

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Heres an example on one of my plants. its just the one leaf and not the entire plant, nothing to worry.

0E69480A B344 40DC A0D8 50CB9156C5B1
99CDFCD8 6723 4CB3 8BFF B4F8EC4D9E73
Homesteader

Homesteader

I think the leaf curl and half leaf development issue has to do with pH and magnesium getting jostled. In the past I experimented with apple cider vinegar and the quick pH jump seemed to trigger those spun leaves that dont quite develop correctly on one side. I could be wrong but I don't think those are a result of bugs.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I think the leaf curl and half leaf development issue has to do with pH and magnesium getting jostled. In the past I experimented with apple cider vinegar and the quick pH jump seemed to trigger those spun leaves that dont quite develop correctly on one side. I could be wrong but I don't think those are a result of bugs.
If it was ph it would effect more than just one leaflet on one leaf.

Homesteader

Homesteader

If it was ph it would effect more than just one leaflet on one leaf.
perhaps I don't recall only ever seeing one leaf on my plants but either way it is a hiccup inside the plant from that point in time, not a pest issue imo and if it isn't doing it now I wouldn't worry.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
those are teeth marks, got a kid?

maybe a cat?

they look like pointy teeth, so cat or small doggy

Top Bottom