did any farmers go to woodstock 69'

• Thread starter waverunner_21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

waverunner_21

well, i was born in the wrong time, wrong place, but just thought id ask if any one went, looked pretty cool, like no other festival ever, they say. so yer, if any wants to tell me bout it, im keen to hear.

W

waverunner_21

gotta say, that looks pritty sweet,i wonder how i never herd of it. one thing tho, rain at a festival is not a bad thing, i been to a few that rained, and it only made it better.

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

Well, I wasn't there, or even close to being born. But a music fest with 200,000 people seems a bit much.
Last year at Rothbury there were i think around 35,000 people. And that is a lot. I couldn't even imagine 5.7 x that many people. I don't even know if it would be that enjoyable with so many people and limited resources and space.

But if you're into music fest, this is a great time to be young. Lots of music fest all over the country, and they seem to be poppin' up more and more. Last year was the first year of going to music fests, and now I'm addicted to em.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I was not born yet, but my father went. He also said it was not so fun. Have never met someone that went and said they had a great time! lol.

Used to go to Reggae on the river in nothern cali and that was an awesome event.

W

waverunner_21

i went glasto last year, 800,000 people there, not including break ins, now thats a biggen, i love festivals, for there bad points and good, getting muddy, getting clean, metting cool people, sharing, taking, giving, getting home after and sleeping, everything about them i love. EVERYTHING
reggea on the river sound sweet

W

waverunner_21

thanks northone for sharing, i fn love credence, i hope there will be another time and place that can produce such musicians. its such a shame that the modern standard of music has fell so far from what it was.

fractal

fractal

Woodstock was totally hellish by all accounts. It represents a singularity of energy that is undeniable it was like a force of nature. Spontaneous and uncontrollable!

Now I am shocked that I have never read about goose lake. Seems like it would be talked about widely just like woodstock.

I believe that now, woodstock is something that is dwelled on by the media because focusing attention on negativity grows the negativity. It just brings up the worst of the 60's and focuses it to show the chaos of woodstock.

B

Bill Bloome

I was living in RichmondVa and had just graduated USMC boot camp.Me and my best friend went up to Newburgh to see family before going to Millington Tenn for electronics school.Ran into the festival on the next to last day.What a fucking mudhole.The sound sucked,and there was no food anywhere.But the vibe put an impression in me that hasn't left in 40 years.A year later I was tripping out to the shit happening all around me but I survived andnow when I see Jimi play the Star Spangled Banner in the movie,I remember the girl with the tie dyed dress next to me crying.I wonder if she ever found her brother?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

>well yeh.... 60 but i don't look like those guys..
i'm kinda gorgeous LOL
and my chick does yoga and has buns de steel

and woodstock only sucked for the whiners..

Whiner:
"go back.. its hell you'll sink in the mud"<---huh? we came 16 hrs to go back?

it was an awesome time ..

pizzas were hard to find though...ie. nada

but lots of music and people

Thanks for the info. It sounded like a great time, wish I was there. Never old just wise!

K

Kennie_B

1999 was the commercialized MTV woodstock. It was an experience but overall it was fuckin cheesy!

B

bobpeto

I was at the SARS Fest in Toronto and there was 500,000 people there.....It was pretty f'n crazy. 4hr line ups for the bathrooms, 4 hr line ups for beverages and food.

It was pretty f'n crazy for sure, Great show!!!

Woodstock would have been great to go to........I think so anyway.

Bob

F

forehead

There is a memorial ..free area ..a paid Museum and Concert Pavillion.

D

Dr.Smitty

Went to the original Woodstock a nieve 18 year old and came home a seasoned veteran.

Peace,pot and party on dudes. :bong-hits:

Top Bottom